meet Dingo or Ringo.

 photo DINGO_zps5a14aa92.jpg
 
so, over the weekend, we got added a member to our family.

it's been a while coming and the kids couldn't be happier.


Dingo or Ringo, we're still debating on that one, but for the sake of the post i'll call him ringo since that's the name i picked, is a carolina dog. we had never heard of that breed, but then again we're not super knowledgeable on dog breeds. basically though, the breed is pretty good with families, and with kids. he's a real quiet dog, which concerned me at first, but he is always happy around the kiddos, jumping, wagging his tail.

we had tried owning a dog years ago, a yellow lab, but the younger kids at three and four years old, were not able keep up with his energy and we had to give him up.
this time around we opted for a medium sized dog, with a nice energy level and seems to be working out okay.

and just in time for the warmer weather. now that we have a four legged family member, the kids will be more willing to go to the park, because now it won't be boring.

 
 photo DINGO2_zps1e2c6df5.jpg  photo DINGO3_zpsf9fc38d8.jpg
(excuse the blurry photos please. he wouldn't stay still!)


a couple of things about ringo. he clearly likes comfort. he's made himself at home already and when he's tired, he will just retreat from the living room into my daughter's room and into her bed.
also, he's pretty smart. looks like he knows 'sit' and 'drop it' already. now if i could just teach him how to sort laundry, right?

does your family have a pet friend?


3 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

awwwwww I love your new little doggy!!! I hope your family is happy with him...he looks very loved already!!

We have one sweet, but very dumb chocolate lab.

Amy said...

Aww! Soo cute! I can't wait to get a pet once I have the room. We've got dogs and a cat at my parent's house, and my dog is a German Shepherd, Rottweiler mix. He's the sweetest, smartest dog I've ever met, love him so much!

Congrats on your new addition!

17 Perth said...

Stop!! You know how much I love dogs!!! And I'm so excited for y'all!! He is a cutie!!'