when mercy found me.

 photo testimony_zpsb380846e.jpg  photo testimony2_zpsb09ae5c5.jpg
mercy found me on my bathroom floor.


okay, let me back up a little bit.
if you were to ask me what i'm extremely passionate about these days, i would tell you i'm passionate about Jesus' love and telling others about it.

however, that wasn't always the case. there's no way i could feel passionate about Jesus' love before, because i hadn't felt it before.
it was always existent and reaching out, but i didn't feel worthy of receiving it and therefore didn't.
it wasn't until about around two years ago that i felt that love.
before that time, my heart was completely lost.

i didn't feel loved enough, i didn't feel like i was good enough at anything or for anyone. i felt like a failure and honestly spent most of my days with a sad heart. just going through the motions of the days. taking care of our home as best as i could, of my kids the best way i could and i know that most of their childhood they saw me sad. that breaks my heart into a million pieces.
my family would attempt to reach out to me, my husband and i were always arguing.
my world was a mess. and i wanted nothing more than to leave it. it was too painful, there was no hope, i felt worthless and i wanted out.

that day, locked and sitting on my bathroom floor, i contemplated ending it. i needed to end the pain i felt so huge in my heart that nothing could fill.

but mercy found me on my bathroom floor. mercy reached out to the very deepest darkest part of my heart that day and shone a light so bright that made me see all the lies i had believed.

i wasn't worthless, i wasn't a failure, i wasn't meant to end God's story that day.

for so long, He had pursued me relentlessly, but i was so convinced those lies were true. until His truth shattered the barrier and let His love in.

 photo testimony3_zps7c6b46cb.jpgi finally felt that relentless, forgiving, unconditional, never ending love and my heart began to beat again. it's been beating on fire ever since.

there's a song we sing at church 'cause i never want to go back to my old life, i need you more'
when i think about my old life, where my heart was. i never, ever, ever, want to go back to that.
where i am now is where i was always meant to be, secured and safe in His arms.

and that's why i'm so passionate about this love of His. it rescued me, it set me free, it gave me life again.

**friend, if you are anywhere where i was, know that you are loved, that you are not worthless. i'd love to pray over you. shoot me an email if you need to hear more about this incredible, beautiful love.

 
 



8 comments:

Susannah said...

Oh sweet girl! Thank you for sharing your story! God is so good!

Amy said...

Ah Leah, I just love you so much. You've inspired me to write a post about where mercy found me! Thank you for sharing your story, sweet friend.

So thankful for our amazing Father, and His love that comes crashing into our world, never leaving us the same.

Katie Cook said...

Thank you for sharing your story, you are SO brave! I'm so thankful the Lord has restored you and given you a new fire. Your life is an inspiration my friend:) xoxo Katie

Discovery Street said...

Wow Leah...that was powerful. Thank you for sharing your heart so openly!

17 Perth said...

Sweet, sweet leah. Thank you so much for sharing your story. He is a good God isn't He? So thankful for Him loving you fully and for you--for sharing this today! I can relate completely. My story is similar but different, but what always reigns true is His love!! Thank you again Leah. xo

The Olive Tree Blog said...

sooooooo good! I love when God reaches out to us in places and in ways we never imagined.!

Lovelyladyjb said...

Thank you for sharing your story. You have inspired me to share my story and I am going to post where mercy found me!

Anonymous said...

i applaud your bravery and honesty. it's not easy to be open about the messy parts of our lives but i am so glad that you were because i know that so many can relate to where you've been. i know i've been there myself! thank you for sharing a beautiful message of hope and redemption. <3