because it's tuesday


i have decided that my favorite day of the week is tuesday.
i have a varying work schedule and tuesday is the first day of my week i leave work early.
mondays, other than being mondays, are my 'long' days, so tuesday is meant to be celebrated.

yesterday as i picked up my kiddos from school, well at least the two smallest as my oldest is in middle school. whaaat?, it was too cold out to go on an adventure so i declared it cocoa date day, just because it's tuesday.

as i prepare any meal for them, i realize how different they are from each other. might as well be my little three bears. you know.. from goldilocks?
one prefers jelly and pecans over their toast, while the other may just want butter and cinnamon, and still the littlest since it's sugar free jelly, prefers to have the toast plain.

we prepared some hot cocoa since we texans declare the thirties as blistering cold and just sat down to have a quick cocoa date. it's hilarious the things that come out of their mouth.
i can't remember what exactly my daughter said now, but she concluded her sentence with: 'just face it, mom.'

then she had the idea to make a toast. and we toasted to a good 2014 year where we came together closer as a family and loved each other more. the little one spilled cocoa as we clinked our mugs, drank up. and five minutes later they were at each other's throats. sigh.

what are you gonna do. might as well celebrate the day either way, just because it's tuesday.

do you have a favorite day of the week?

3 comments:

17 Perth said...

I love that you guys are celebrating the little moments! And those are the things that I feel like kids end up remembering...the little details you provided. Love that Leah!!

Susannah said...

<3 That sounds like a wonderful Tuesday afternoon!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

I went to grade school in dallas and I remember the whole city shutting down b/c of snowflakes.lol.my mom grew up in michigan and she declared we were going out in the "bad weather" ! So happy tuesdays are your happy day!