craftbug





well this week has come and gone like no other, and thank goodness it's friday!

this week, although it flew by, the craftbug hit our house. well mainly me and my girl, because boys are just....boys. and they prefer to play minecraft, run around with nerf guns, and just do boy stuff.

so my girl and i, pull up our sleeves and get to work. and i say this half joking, but can i tell you how proud a momma i was when i saw her pull out the glue gun and went to town with it?
and by no means am i a craft queen. i mean there are women out there that can turn newspaper into a wreath. i puruse pinterest sometimes and i'm all like...how did they? wow that's creative!

nonetheless, we did our thing. right now we're obsesessed with stamps. taking little foam sheets and cutting them out, stamping away.

also, with the new year, i've made it a goal to keep journals more. writing out my thoughts, especially while reading the Bible. it helps so much to be able to write it all out and process it better. unfortunately i need to have a pretty journal to get motivated, so we turned an old composition journal into something with a little more sass.

and sometimes, craft projects go awry and don't truly come out how you expect. if you follow me on instagram, i'm sure you've seen it. i wanted to make a sign out of reclaimed wood with the word EAT in big bold letters. so proud of my finished product and when i went to place it on top of the cabinets the word that stared down at me was FAT!!
the cabinet trim blocked the bottom part of the 'E.' i just stood there and laughed my butt off.

have you done any crafting lately?


2 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

so funny about the sign lol! I've got a crafty girl too...it made her day when I let her use the glue gun!

helen said...

i LOVEEEED that eat -> fat sign!!! you are so cute!!