oil + water = love.


on our way to the movies. love dates with my love.


he sleeps with the tv on lights off. i like the lights on, no tv noise.
he is also a night owl. this man will go to bed until well past midnight watching sports recaps, playing FIFA, and catching up on his dvr. me i'm out by eleven. sometimes eleven thirty. and that's pushing it. he will have the ceiling fan turned on full power and i will be bundled tight under the covers.

he likes it, he buys it. i like it, i look at the price tag and convince myself i don't really like it. 
while he is such a hard worker and super responsible with our bills, when it comes to buying something new for the house, the kids, himself, or us, he does it. no second thinking, unless of course the price is ridiculous. i on the other hand, am the frugal one. i over think it to the point it's put back on the shelf. guess which of us the kids like to go shopping with?

he's a social butterfly, i'm still in the cacoon.
this man has such a way to go into a room knowing not a soul, and leaving the room with a new friend. laughing it up with strangers over politics, sports, even the weather. i'm next to him fidgeting with my purse and counting down the minutes until we go home. i'm just such a homebody. i like being in my zone at my own pace. i mean is it such a bad thing i just want to be in my pajamas, dang it? i'm kind of getting better at this, but it's definitely out of my comfort zone.

i like a good chic flick, he pretends to not like a good chic flick.
movie night in our home is like vacuuming. pretty much every other or third day. while his first choice might be a macho,muscle flaunting, busting robbery type of flicks, he has no problem enjoying a bowl of popcorn while we watch the single dad tell his nine year old daughter the story of how he and her mom met. (name the movie) and possibly get a little teary eyed. just don't tell him i said that.

these are just to name a few things we are different in and it's funny really, how very few commonalities we share. when we do agree on something it's like time stands still enough for the celestial beings to join their voices in a hallelujah. ok that was totally dramatic, but high five giving might take place though. might.

how about you. are you and your significant others quite different or quite the same?

 photo siggie_zpsf7137529.jpg

7 comments:

17 Perth said...

Sleepless in Seattle! Love that movie. :) And I love this post...(and loved the title too!). I so get the homebody thing. I like being social...but being at my house with my pups and husband. I am a happy happy girl. :)

And we are alike in some ways and very different in others....especially about spending money. You and I are very similar in that area...so are our husbands! :)

Discovery Street said...

my husband and I are total opposites in some areas and identical in others...but mostly opposite! lol

Anonymous said...

Ha! I can completely relate! Other than liking chic flicks, you and I are VERY similar, and our husbands seem to have a lot in common as well! As for chic flicks.. I can't stand anything corny!

Be blessed friend!

Love,
Brandy Jane Mabel

Katie Cook said...

This is hilarious! I love how you've captured the humor in these things:) What a great post!!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

hahaha love this!! I wish you one the buying...i am so cheap lol


i married a jock and i like books /// we tease GQ married IQ :)

Brittany Kyte said...

This is so sweet. Opposites really do attract! In these examples, I sound more like your husband and you sound like mine :) So cute!

Unknown said...

haha me and the hubs are waaaay similar when it comes to the day to day life routine... but i love this though! it's about "what works!" and you two seem to be rocking it!!!!