perfection.




the other night as my family was winding down after a pretty overwhelming day, on impulse from the kitchen i told my husband:
'you know, we have a perfect life. don't you think?'

cautiously he replied, 'um, it's pretty good but i don't think it's perfect.'
to which i said, 'yes it is. think about it. we are alive, our kids are safe. sure we drive each other crazy and disagree a lot sometimes, but which marriage doesn't. so i'm claiming it, this is perfect.'

so before you roll your eyes and think that i'm delusional and need to face reality, hear me out.
life with all its imperfections, with all its curve balls and roller coasters is perfect because Jesus is carrying the load. yes this is a Jesus talk friends.

'take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for i am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.' matthew 11:29-30

throughout all the difficulties i've had to face, and believe me when i say i've cried more than that river JT sings about, i've seen God's hand present and constant. That's what makes this life perfect for me. Knowing that it can get crazy, that things don't work out as i would want them to, that people will disappoint you...hard, but that through it all my Jesus walks beside me taking most of the load when I let him.
and we all know i can get lazy sometimes so yes, i will willingly and happily hand Him my load. and faithfully He is always so loving to take it on without question, as it is His pleasure.

So when we look at life, in all its mess and glory, refuse to dwell in the bad things. Instead look to your side and you will find perfection walking beside you, making this life perfect. He takes the messy and transforms it into something new, something beautiful. that is pure perfection right there.

wishing you all a beautiful friday!!

 photo siggie_zpsf7137529.jpg

6 comments:

17 Perth said...

Oh thank you!! You are so right! And I needed to hear it today!! I hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

:) love your attitude and perspective! thanks for the reminder that He walks beside us and we don't have to shoulder our burdens alone - perfect timing!

helen said...

love your contentment in the Lord!!! praise God that He carries our burdens and is with us always :)

Discovery Street said...

yes...i agree...that sounds like perfection :)

Unknown said...

great blog! I'm your watcher, I hope that you, too, I'll watch! Regards

http://www.hardcandyyyy.blogspot.com/

The Olive Tree Blog said...

yes and amen! so important to take the time to count our blessing and truly see how blessed we are : )