overload.

my heart is on overload. last week i did not blog at all. it wasn't a planned break, but a much needed one and will probably be falling off the blogging wagon periodically for a little while. maybe not. there are things that are not getting done as promised or scheduled, but i'm okay with that. all depending how everything currently on my heart  gets settled.

i think we all have been there, yes?
where there's so much that you think about, that gets questioned, that makes you want to scream from the top of the highest mountain because sometimes it feels like nobody hears you.
oh friends this life can be so surprising, so painful, so beautiful that sometimes you just have to halt and breathe it in little by little.
that's kind of what i'm doing now, breathing it all in. trying to come at peace with my prayer not yet being answered, praying for more faith, praying for more patience...just praying.

but i'm okay, because i'm in His hands. whatever He has planned, even if His plans are not what I'm praying for, I'll need to learn to accept. sometimes you just need to write. sometimes you just need to cope.
and this is my outlet. this is my space. i'm good.

before i sign off, did you know that Jesus prays for us?
I mean I know that He is our way to the Father, but this weekend at church in the pastor's message He read this verse:

'But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strenghten your brothers.' Luke 22:32

That tugged at my heart. I can imagine you praying for me, my family on their knees praying for me, but the Sovereign Son praying for me it's beyond me. Praying for me that my faith doesn't falter, that I hold on.
That is amazing to me. And that gives me so much hope.

4 comments:

Shannon Q. said...

Ohhh, thank you for sharing that verse...I'm going to go highlight it in my bible.....So please know you can write me and share anything with me if you ever want to. I'm always here to "listen" aka read and just be there. We've chatted just a bit back and forth about how we seem to be in some of the same seasons and times in life, so again I'm here if you ever want to talk...Glad you're taking your time to breath it all in..Also if you want, I don't mind posting your link up on Thursdays until you're back...just a thought, if you want. Talk soon <3

Discovery Street said...

So encouraging. Sounds like you are handling your circumstances well!

Katie said...

I'm not sure quite how to respond to this post, Leah, so I'll just say this: Thank you for being brave, and thank you for posting.

Hannah R. said...

Hey sweet friend, I know what you mean about life. Seems everything has hit at once lately. I'll be praying for you, and if you need to talk, I'm here. :)