tlc. {healthy you, happy you link up}

                          

sickness has hit my home. not to worry, it's nothing major. just a stomach virus with what seems to be the beginning of the flu.
normally, this would mean a tired, sleep deprived momma and probably grumpy at that.
i am sleepy but that's never abnormal with me. i'm not a morning person, but far from being grumpy or feeling overwhelmed from caring for a sick child and another one that is beginning to feel sick, i feel cozy and fulfilled. even with not having time to pamper myself this week.
there's something that comes with motherhood that is unexplainable. sure i wish that my kids were not sick and that they were running around happily and alas, being noisy with screams and laughter; however, these moments that i can carry my child on my lap and cuddle him i feel fulfilled as a mother.
i know it sounds weird, but it's being able to nurture and care for  another human being, my child, that fills me with this warm fuzzy feeling.
sure i may be sleep deprived, a little tired, and worried for his recovery, but being a mommy and knowing he can count on me to care for him in his weakened state, makes me feel pretty darn important in his life. 

if you could, send a little prayer for my little guy, won't you please?
have you been doing something for you to live happier and healthier? we want to know about it!


Link up Details:




with your host:


and lovely co-host:


1. link up your posts on how you are taking time to live better and happier. for background on the linkup click here.

2. please browse both the host and co-host's blog and should you find it a place that you enjoy, feel free to follow along. We'd love to have you!

3. grab the button and paste it on your blog (a text link up is fine as well) to spread the word. let it be an encouragement for women to take time to live happier.

4. visit others, offer words of encouragement and HAVE FUN!

ready, set, go!



5 comments:

Shannon Q. said...

Feel better little buddy :)

Anonymous said...

The germs are definitely full force right about now! Praying for your family that it's over quick - it seems the bigger the family, the harder it is to kick the nasties for good! We're only a family of 4 but always seem to be catching it back from each other haha

Discovery Street said...

i'm terrified of my baby getting sick...hopefully its not for a long, long time. Hoping healing comes soon to your household!

Leah said...

thank you all. i'm praying and crossing fingers my other two steer clear of germs!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Yay! I'm your 200th follower. I love round numbers like that. :) This is a great link up. So glad to be participating and encouraging others to live healthy lives. Looking forward to getting to know you better.