light.


the new year is upon us friends with thoughts of what we wish for it to be, goals that we hope to attain, and plans to be lived happily.
last year i decided to choose a word that i wanted my 2012 year to abide by. my word was confidence.
confidence in who i am, confidence in the unknown.
as i type this, i look back on this past year and realize that my confidence although still shaky at times, has improved vastly.
i have taken steps of faith and it's made my heart sing like nothing else. i am able to hold on to the truth that my future is held by a God that is perfect and faithful.

this year, i want to take that confidence and share it with those that have none. i want to share it with those whose confidence has been broken. in thinking what my word for this year would be, i knew i wanted it to reflect love. reflect. then i decided.
for this 2013 year, my word is light.
i want to be a light to everyone i encounter, everyone that i meet. i desire to reflect love, gentleness and shine even in the deepest darkness.

i've held back before not really knowing if i could, not believing that i could be a light, thinking i didn't have anything in me that would be worth telling.
knowing that my identity is ultimately in God, i now know i can. i now know, i have purpose.
i desire to be light of the gospel and have it shine as it was intended to be. gentle, kind, and patient.
all in being confident that the good work that has started in me, will be done in His perfect timing and will. i am excited for my light to being shining.

I pray that 2013 may be filled with blessings for all of you and that your purpose continues to be lived out loud!





10 comments:

Kayla Peveler said...

This is beautiful, Leah. I am so excited to see where 2013 takes you :) honestly, you are going to do great things with your faith in God. Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Amen. I am so excited for you. Your light is already shining, I pray that as you become more conscious of sharing the light of God, He will use you for His greater purpose.

Nonchalant Rebel said...

happy new year

Mounia

helen said...

i love your word for the year. may the Lord use you to shine brightly in this world as a testimony to His amazing grace and gospel :)

Discovery Street said...

i love this...

Leah said...

thank you Kayla! your words of encouragement always make me smile.

Leah said...

Funmi, thank you for that. that's my prayer, that I can be used as He wants. happy new year!

Leah said...

happy new year to you as well!

Leah said...

amen! thank you Helen!

Leah said...

thank you ruthy ann!