love yourself better.



being a woman is difficult at times. can i get an amen sistas? it may have something to do with hormones raging just about any time of day,
but we struggle with so much i think.
emotions sometimes get out of control and before we know it
we are in a place where we are just so unsure of ourselves and don't know how to quite love ourselves unconditionally.

i've met so many women who struggle with that.
i was there for so many years.
it is so important that we as women love ourselves and recognize our worth. when we don't, it can be so damaging to not only ourselves but to our loved ones...and sometimes to our waistlines. :)

i wanted to share with you all a few lessons that i've learned along the way and that have helped me love myself better.

WORDS OF AFFIRMATION:
Being that this is my love language, i always depended on others to tell me what i wanted to hear. when those words weren't spoken by the ones i hoped would, i didn't feel loved.
until i realized, why must someone else verbalize them, why can't it be me?
each morning look yourself in the mirror and remind yourself that you are beautiful, you are valuable, and you have purpose.
not in a 'mirror, mirror who's the fairest of them all' kind of way,
but with heart.
you were beautifully made, don't ever doubt it.
if sticky notes on your mirror help, go for it. whatever works for you. but please let yourself know that everyday. your worth is far above rubies.


DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU SMILE.
For me, part of not loving myself was feeling unattractive.
Part of feeling unattractive was from not being happy. I cried often and worried even more. It began to deteriorate my inner beauty, my  spirit.
When you take time to do something that makes you happy, your soul will be also. then, your inner beauty will thrive and your outward smile will radiate that beauty.
i've noticed when i'm smiling (and not the i copied and pasted a smile on my face kind), i feel better about myself almost instantly. i stand taller, and feel stronger and more confident.
that in my book is a gorgeous girl.
strenght and confidence: qualities that help me love myself better.

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH HAPPY PEOPLE.

many of us have people in our lives who are negative and are always looking to bring us down.
these are not the people that you want to surround yourself with if you are having a hard time loving yourself.
instead build stronger relationships with those that shine from the inside out. these people will uplift you and inspire you to live better. these kind of people will rub off their sparkle on you in the best of positive ways.
this is one of the many reasons why i love blogging. there
are so many inspirational, sparkly women around here!
and when you love and accept yourself for who you are, you can rub off that sparkle on those that once tried to bring you down.
it's the circle of life, as king mufasa would say.
after all we must love others as we love ourselves.
that one, jesus said.

whatever you might be going through today or whatever words someone has chosen to address you, know that no matter what, there can never be a more beautiful you and your worth is priceless.

now tell me, is there something you do to love yourself better?




linking up here:

desire to inspire 

11 comments:

reeree7 said...

I love reading your posts. You are so encouraging and inspirational. Learning to accept yourself and see value, beauty and self-worth when you look in the mirror is hard-learned, but so worth it! Thank you for your touching words! :)

Shannon Q. said...

I think you hit the nail right on the head with your points here today. To love myself better a few things I do is to dwell on the thoughts that God thinks about me. If the God of the universe thinks I'm amazing then I guess I must be. This really puts things into perspective for me. I also really agree with smiling a true smile. It can change so much so quickly.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that I am a writer. It is a way for me to tell stories, so this means that I also like to talk. So I guess I also like that about myselfi....lol.

Leah said...

awww Reeree, thank you sweets. that's what i'm aspiring for. and yes I agree, it can be difficult at times, but definitely worth it.

Leah said...

i like that Shannon! and yes, i agree a smile can change so much!

Leah said...

and i love reading your writing. you are great at it!

Hannah R. said...

What a wonderful post! I leave post-it notes on my mirror, too! ;)Meeting wonderful ladies (like yourself!) is a huge reason I love blogging! It's such an encouragement to me to connect with women that are in the same stage of life that I'm in.

helen said...

i LOVE these. thank you for your encouragement, as always. and i am hollering an AMEN to your emotions blurb :)

Leah said...

thanks jillian. you are too girl!

Leah said...

i agree Hannah. this blogging thing has been such an encouragement for me as well!

Leah said...

awww thank you Helen. you are so sweet friend!