five minute friday.

I came upon this today and thought it would be fun. Just pouring out what's on my mind today. so here we go.


So standing in line waiting for my breakfast this morning, i ran into my old boss. How i loved being in her team. She is truly the most down to earth and sweetest person I've ever met. Not to mention this girl wears no makeup and is beautiful!

Any way, we got to talking kids and again I was reminded how fast time flies and how important it is to treasure it.  She has two little girls and always cracks me up when she tells me of their shenanigans.
So both having little girls, the conversation got to be about periods. yep. standing in line for breakfast. like seriously.
but she mentioned she heard somewhere little girls start getting theirs now around nine years old.
I flipped out! NINE YEARS OLD.

My daughter is about to be eight. I can't even.
If I as a grown adult, HATE getting it and walk around being the grumpiest, I don't even know how a baby can deal with that.
I realize that it has to do with genes and nutrition so she may not be one of the few. God I hope not.
That would take 'she's growing up too fast.' to a whole new level.
Then it got me thinking about my oldest. Going to be eleven in a few months.
She said: that's a young man right there. and i lost it. inside of course.
can't cry over spilled milk. get it. in the cafeteria, breakfast..spilled milk.
but it really isn't spilled milk. my kids lives are flying by right before my eyes.
What is this mother to do!! Lord hold me.

                                               ____________________

So that was my morning. How is your morning going today? Oh and by the by, just because i like to torture myself, check out my first vlog ever why don't you (previous post) I'm talking about the new series coming up on the blog. love yall's guts! haha.



linking up with:



Five Minute Friday

6 comments:

Denise said...

Fabulous post.

Ashley @ Draw Near said...

I hear you, Leah. My girls are 11, 7 and 4, and I am feeling this growing up happening like a runaway train. "Lord, hold me." What a perfect prayer. Thank you for sharing the trails of your thinking -- these mama thoughts and inner tears and silent prayers. Happy to have met you through FMF.

Anonymous said...

Ain't it the truth girl!

henning love said...

oh my 9 year old? geesh i feel like i was a senior citizen when my period finally came around. i can't imagine having that talk as a mom when my 9 year old daughter. haha i can imagine that conversation in line for breakfast, typical common breakfast conversation

Leah said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog and the sweet comment! :) I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, too!

Megan @ EphesiansWife said...

OH MY! 9 years old?!?! Wow! I was in high school before I had it...
Your love for your sweet little ones is absolutely amazing! Cherish those sweet moments while you can :)