roadtripping it.

happy cheery monday folks! can you tell i'm trying my hardest to be positive about being monday?
having a great weekend helps out a lot on not really wanting to be back at work. but like a friend once said:
work hard, play harder, right?
yesterday, we decided to get the kiddos out of the house and treat them on a mini road trip to san antonio.
it was a beautiful day even though it looked like it was going to rain. i'll let some photos do the talking.
it's time for photo dump. you know you all love it.


the lively river walk. 






the menu says it's up for two people. but this thing was a monster! 
it some kind of brownie drowned in fudge lava. 
yes, i had some. don't judge. i'm back on track staying away from any chocolate-y, delicious things starting today.



i went to the bathroom with the boys and when i came back, this little lady had wrapped daddy around her little finger and ms. thang got some new earrings. not the kind in the bubble machine either. 
hope this isn't a sign for what's to come! i'm hiding my credit cards.



while we were there, we visited the Alamo. i love all the history and art around. 
so much culture to learn from! the kids of course thought the cannon sculptures were the most awesome thing. 





when we got back, we went to the movies and lucky for the kids, the earliest showing was in 3D.
not so lucky for the wallet nor my eyes. i got a headache from it. and am i the only one that prefers to watch movies at home on the couch? those seats are so uncomfortable! 

and after everything, daddy decided to get mommy a little something, something.
don't get too excited for me though. 



haha. our old one just stopped working. from one day to the next!
so a new iron for me. can't win the best mom award if i send my kids to school all wrinkled up you know?

how was your weekend. have a beautiful monday friends. i mean it. 





linking up with:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, the alamo and the river walk! brings back memories... we visited those places when my husband graduated boot camp in san antonio :) (and I am SO with you on watching movies at home! nothing beats the comfort of your own home!)

rachel said...

Wow...how beautiful!

I am with ya on the 3D movies. I would totally take a movie on the couch over paying 10 bucks at the theater.

And a beautiful Monday right back to you! :)

Shannon Q. said...

The photos look like a place I'd want to visit! Pretty and colorful. The Alamo is on our list of places we want to see. My son and I (Jayden) are both really big into history...These little road trip adventures are one of my favorite things to do with my family. So glad you guys had fun!

Ashley said...

Mini road trips are the best. Daddy's girls really do get whatever they want....that's a good thing!! :-)

That dessert looks incredible!!! Yumm!

Katie said...

Okay, THAT looks like an awesome place to visit!

Adding it to my ever-growing list ... And such wonderful photos, too.

Kallay said...

Great pictures! I love the river walk pics. Wow!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

fun! i want that cake.