sometimes i snap.



once upon a time around the myspace days, i discovered the world of photography through photobucket and tumblr and was instantly smitten.
soon after, all i would ever do was browse through hundreds of photos just awestruck at all the beautiful shots.
one day last week, i just had this itch to go out and just snap away. 







i fell in love with those old mailboxes.
they just stood there, rusted and old, but yet so pretty and vintage-ish. 


photography is a hobby that has let me see something ordinary and envision something beautiful and breathtaking. the possibilities of what lies behind the lens is intriguing and it's been able to open my eyes to the real beauty that is all around us.
i'm sure that's how God sees everything, with a beauty that surrounds us and just shakes His head when we refuse to see it. when we only focus on the logical or the obvious. all the while He can see the possibility in a mess, in something that would normally not be so great to look at.

i dare you. begin to see things through the lens and tell me if the world all of a sudden doesn't look that much prettier and magical.
 it's an art i would not dare take for granted.
now if i could gather all my pretty pennies for something more fancy than my old Kodak point and shoot.

what kind of photos do you enjoy?

PS. I've decided to do the Healthy You, Happy You link up weekly, instead of bi-weekly. So get your 'me time' in and link up tomorrow!



linking up this post to:






13 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

thanks for the prayers today! love your blog it is so pretty! newest follower here :)

Anonymous said...

These pictures are incredible! I love nature.
If you were to take pictures where I live, it would be all white. We had about 11 inches of snow two days ago.

Anonymous said...

I love the changes you make on your blog. You always add beautiful touches.

Anonymous said...

That first picture is amazing! I've never seen anything like it, seriously beautiful... I'm just staring at it haha I really like nature photography as well. it always catches my eye on pinterest.

Emily said...

love the first picture!

emily
ohthatemily.com

Leah said...

No problem. God will take care of that sweet angel. Thanks

Leah said...

Wow! 11 inches! I'd love to take pictures of a winter Wonderland!

Leah said...

I like it too. With that pink stem, it caught my eye!

Leah said...

Thank you!!

RachelleIs said...

Beautiful pictures! I am a new follower...love your blog- and your title beautifully molded!

Unknown said...

Great pics! I love that you thought that this is how God probably sees the world all the time. As simply as that may sound, I guess I never thought about it that way.


xoxo
Ashley Flores
alwaysashley2012.blogspot.com

Because Shanna Said So said...

Oh, these shots!!! Such simple things you turned into magic. I wish I had a better eye behind the lens. Heck, I just wish I had a better camera. Thank you so much for linking up!

Leah said...

thank you Rachellels! glad to have you here!