by thirty-five.


ah, bucket lists. many have them. i didn't until now. i've never thought to create one, okay lie, i've never really wanted to create one out of fear nothing would ever get done. i would call it just being realistic, but as i've examined my life, i've come to realize many things have taken a backseat simply out of fear. 
i've decided that i want to live a fearless life. except of the dark, that would be stretching it.
so i introduce to you my 'by thirty-five' bucket list in no particular order:
-  learn to speak Italian fluently. 
i love the language and the culture. every year i make it my resolution, but never act upon it. so far i know a few words, and my numbers. 

- learn to play the guitar.
i am enamored by the acoustic sound. it is so romantic and beautiful. i played the piano for a while, but never really felt it was the instrument for me. the guitar has my name written all over it though. it's my instrumental soul mate.


- begin an annual young women's conference
God's placed this on my heart a while back. so many young women receive so many ideas from the media of how to behave and what to look like. i want to create a conference where they can understand their worth in the Lord.


- host my own art show.
i haven't painted for long, but it's where i can be the most creative. if i could sell my art and make a living from it, it'd be a dream come true.


-run a marathon
i've never been consistent with my running, but it's something i love to do. running a marathon would be such an achievement for me.

-write a book.
currently i aspire for a children's book. however, i'd also love to write a book geared towards young women's hearts.

- travel internationally
Greece is at the top. Italy is second, Spain is third. God willingly Spain might be receiving my husband and I in 2013. crossing fingers. Spain is on the husband's top. He won this one.

- learn tango.
i'm fascinated by it. i realize once i learn it, i won't be able to list it as a skill on a resume. but just to be able to say at a dinner party, 'oh yea, i know how to tango!'

- go on a balloon ride
i'm not terribly afraid of heights, but to be in a basket with no windows hundreds of miles above ground should be pretty exhilarating. 

- learn how to sew
i can sew a button on a shirt. that's about it. i dream of sewing my own curtains, and cushions. my ugly couch could use some!

- own a small successful business
i've always wanted to do something for myself where i could be 100% happy. something is in the works already. (wink).

that's what I have so far. I mean I only have three years to do it by the time I turn 35, and we all know time likes to zoom by like nobody's business. i'm trying to achieve some goals here, not go crazy while trying to do it all! 

what things do you have in your bucket list?









10 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is great! i'm trying to make a 30 by 30 list and i'm so stumped haha

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

I love bucket lists...I need to work on mine again. Did you paint that painting of the girl and balloons?! I'm crazy about it! So beautiful!! xo

henning love said...

i love your bucket list!! going to europe with my husband is on it, i have been a few times but he hasn't and that is a bucket list cross off before kids too

Leah said...

oooh, i'd love to read it. go crazy, well not too crazy, but dream big!

Leah said...

yes ma'am, i did. it was a gift for a friend at my church. thank you!

Leah said...

thank you Meg. neither my husband or I have been, so we're looking forward to it. lots of planning and God willingly we'll be on a plane next year. crossing fingers really, really tight!

Anonymous said...

I appreciate that wink but please let us know when it is all finalized. Thanks in advance. Lol. Your list is great. I can see you writing a book and starting a yearly conference. That would be so awesome and inspiring.

funsizetessa said...

love your list! you'll have to tell us every time you've achieved one of these :)

Leah said...

I will for sure! I get more and more encouragement each day. Thank you funmi!

Leah said...

Oh I will. Should be really fun posts! Researching tango classes this week!