one step.



fear has always been my greatest enemy. it has kept me bound and away from achieving anything that i've ever dreamed of, and believe me when i say i have a plethora of dreams.

it wasn't always the case though. my dreaming spirit had been hidden under the shadows of tears that overwhelmed my heart. really at that point, my only dream if i could call it that, was to see a day without any tears, without any agonizing sadness.
a sudden answered prayer lifted those shadows and the sun shone through brighter than i'd ever seen it.with it came a flood of dreams that rushed in. looking in hindsight, those dreams might have just been dormant and were awakened with this new life.

in the midst of those dreams, a songbird had been fluttering inside me for so long, wanting to be released. my fear of conflicting schedules, what someone thought of it, whether they would approve and million other excuses that piled up,kept that song quiet for a very long time. i heard God's voice over and over telling me to do it for His glory. I had been created with it, and it was selfish to keep it all to myself. It wasn't meant for me, it was for Him, for His glory to be exalted.

one shaky, fearful step of faith. just one. 'Hold me God. stay faithful to your promises. I can't do this on my own.' and He did.

leading worship fills my soul like nothing else. worship is my dance of gratitude, my dance of being swayed by His love. i don't lead it in a stadium, or in front of big crowds, but in a very intimate group. i like it that way. not for my glory. not for my limelight. but for His.
my voice is lifted to glorify His name and I'm fulfilling my dream, one of the many. through it every time, I am reminded that the dreams that lie in me, are given by Him for Him alone.

Fear cannot be a factor in achieving them only faith.



I have seen what taking that first step can do. Although still shaky, I am ready to leap to the ones that have yet to be fulfilled.

Do you have any dreams that are waiting to be lived? Go, take that first step!


linked up here:


Apples of Gold
The Hollie Rogue
Wow Wow Wednesday with This Girls Life

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, you look fierce, very fierce.
Second, have you read my past journals or what? I used to think going through the day without crying and been depressed would take me a lifetime to experience.

But God worked that miracle and dreams are coming alive that I never thought I was bold enough to accomplish; like starting my blog.

In order for my other dreams to come through, I have to continue to ask God to help me and lead me every step of the way.

Unknown said...

I looove your style!!

New follower, follow back?

http://www.simplyblushed.com

Shannon Q. said...

Your so beautiful!
When you said: leading worship fills my soul like nothing else. worship is my dance of gratitude, my dance of being swayed by His love. i don't lead it in a stadium, or in front of big crowds, but in a very intimate group. i like it that way. not for my glory. not for my limelight. but for His.

I LOVE IT!!!

Leah said...

me too. during that season of my life, i never thought i would be happy. it seems that way in the middle of the storm. i'm so thankful He saved me and is fulfilling His promises. you're right, asking HIm to lead you is the most important thing to do.

Leah said...

thank you Lucy for becoming a reader. I'll be checking out your blog too!

Leah said...

Shannon, you are so sweet dear friend. always so encouraging and with a great spirit. xo.

helen said...

you are such an encouragement!! love how your love for the Savior resonates in this post. how great and good and faithful our God is :)

Leah said...

thank you sweet Helen! yes He is awesome and faithful. I love that about Him! :)

Rachel said...

You're so right. Fear is such an enemy that tries to keep us down, and keep us from doing what we were created to do. I hope I will recognize that in real life and work to prevent it from restricting me.

Manda said...

Just found you!
Nice boots, Miss!

So happy that, through Christ, you've been able to conquer fears!

Love From,
Eat Cake

the hollie rogue said...

so true that we let fear hold us back from the things God wants for us. glad you are recognizing that and moving out in faith! He will guide you and help you. I love worship music myself and would love to hear you sing sometime! maybe a vlog? :) Thanks for linking up!

Amanda said...

Thanks for linking up to Desire to Inspire! I'm right there with you - fear holds me back too. And sometimes disappointment does - I feel like I'm sort of like a little kid sometimes - throwing my tantrum and being in time out - all the while God has something better for me. :)

Thankfully - HE is full of grace & mercy!

Leah said...

yes Rachel, it is a great enemy. Lift it up in prayer, as God is the only one that can lift it up from your hands and allow you to reach your dreams.

Leah said...

thank you Manda. yes, it's only been through Christ!

Leah said...

i'm so glad too Andi, it's proven to be a great blessing in my life. and ummm.. vlog? gulp. that will have to be taken in prayer, but all for His glory, i just might. :)
thank you for your kind words!

Leah said...

fear and disappointment are truly great together to hold us back from what God has prepared. I completely agree, all the while God has something SO MUCH better. He is an awesome God!

Kelly said...

Girl you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! And I LOVE this: Fear cannot be a factor in achieving them only faith.!!!