nothing but beautiful sweetness.



have you ever had the feeling after watching a tv show or someone perfect the art of a certain thing, that you could probably do the same?
that was me with cakes.



i became obsessed at a point in time. after there was what seemed to be a plethora of cake shows on tv, the light bulb upstairs went off and i announced it to my husband: i'm going to be a cake maker!
after the strong taste of baking soda shocked my tongue in my first and second batch of cupcakes from scratch, i also scratched the dream of the list. that and the fact they were super hard on the outside and undercooked on the inside. sad. super sad.
but i still love cake. my hips agree and i still swoon at beautiful, intricate and delicately decorated cakes. and maybe someday...nah. i'll just swoon.





while i may not ever have the talent to make cakes look this good, i'm always up for enjoying a slice..or two. thinking about it, i may end up weighing 600 lbs if i entered that profession and people would be wondering where all the frosting was going, so it is for the best.

what have you always wanted to have an art for?

hope you all have a beautiful and sweet weekend!!










10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would hop on over to my blog and follow me back!

www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

Thanks,
Sarah

Hannah R. said...

Hahahaha... "nah..I'll just swoon." Too funny! I love watching Cupcake Wars and I always want to go bake after an episode. I tell my husband that he's not allowed to watch anything on Food Network at night because even if I'm not hungry, I end up starving looking at all that delicious food. Haha.

Leah said...

thank you Sarah.

Leah said...

my daughter and I love cupcake wars too! I wish I knew how to bake.. true story, when I was on this 'i'm gonna bake for a living' phase, i printed out soooooo many recipes of gourmet cupcakes to try my hand at. Just recently did we go throught the last of fondant and sprinkles. pearl sprinkles for crying out loud! haha. And yes watching Food Network, always makes me hungry.

Ali W. said...

I love those shows! So fun to watch. I used to watch them all the time when I was pregnant. I really want to take a cake decorating class! These are darling ones, by the way!

Leah said...

i like them too. watching them while pregnant can be dangerous! :) i think taking a class would be fun, at least to decorate cupcakes from the box!

Leah said...

me too! girl, sing your heart out. i'm sure you can belt out a tune!!

Anonymous said...

Just looking at em' and I feel the pounds piling on. :) They look absolutely yummy.

elise said...

new[est] follower. loving this post and your blog! can't wait to keep following along!

stop by sometime!
kalobandelise.blogspot.com

Emmett Katherine said...

Those cakes are beautiful works of art. And they probably taste delicious too! I always wished I could sing, sadly I cannot.