sunday random bits

so my kids naturally, didn't get the memo. we get an extra hour of sleep kiddos! nope, 7:20 am on a sunday is almost a sacrilege to me since i never get to sleep in any other day. 
i had no choice but to get up, and make a homemade breakfast. nothing fancy, just some cinnamon pancakes and good ol' eggs for protein. and of course caffeine. lots of caffeine. 
i am getting the kiddos to myself since the hubby is working seven days a week for the next three weeks due to hurricane sandy. not a happy wifey. 
started off our day with a puzzle and i foresee some crafting during the day. laundry is going on and i am browsing shabby apple.com since this lucky girl won herself a gift card from Stephanie!

I miss my love already but appreciate how hard working he is. 8,000 claims from the hurricane and counting. i can't even imagine the devastation that these people are going through. let's continue to keep everyone of them in our prayers. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the winning!
I hope you have an amazing day!

Anne Birdsong said...

Hi Leah, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Mom’s Monday Mingle.

Sorry you're hubby's away from you right now, but pls thank him for me. I grew up on Long Beach Island, and it was hit SO hard. As were so many other areas.

Anyway, thanks for posting this. I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…