fifty four.

fifty four years ago, two days apart God was busy writing a beautiful love story.



today that love story has been such an important part of who i am. my mom turned 54 yesterday and my dad on Tuesday.
i am extremely proud to have them as parents and even more for my children to have them as grandparents.
they are so full of love, so full of kindness for others, it's unreal.
never once have i witnessed them wanting to do harm to others but instead always look to see how to be a blessing.
they're always there for me when i need it, and even when i don't realize i need help, they're there.
my mother, although currently in a battle with her health, is a fierce prayer warrior who loves the Lord and has unmovable faith. my dad, more of a dreamer has seen his dreams taken to a higher ground because of God's faithfulness.


mommy and daddy, i love you all so much more than i say it. you guys are irreplaceable and i pray that God pours a torrent of blessings over your life today and for the rest of your days.







linking up with:

Meet up Monday
Life Lately
Miscellany Monday

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful love story. I wish your parents many more years on earth. I pray that God will bless them greatly!

MorgHarpNich.com said...

your parents are absolutely adorable!
and happy birthday to them both, my little sister's birthday was yesterday too!

Sarah said...

Hi there! Hopped over to your blog and loved this post! You have a beautiful family and great blog. :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet, happy birthday to them!

Leah said...

it truly is. thank you so much Funmi for your beautiful prayer!

Leah said...

aww thank you morgan. happy birthday to your sister!!

Leah said...

thank you for visiting Sarah and your sweet words. :)

Leah said...

thank you christine!!

Leah said...

thanks girl!

eliz said...

Awwwwww I love how in love they are. I can see it in your dad's eyes.

Leah said...

thank you Eliz! my dad is a big romantic, every time I'm over and he gets home, he never fails to give my mom a kiss. it melts me every time!