Cucumber Peach Salad

I won't be the first to say that I am genius in the kitchen, because I'm really not and my husband would probably agree. *ahem*
When the creativity bug hits though, it's usually a good thing.

This salad came to me after eating so badly for a few days. Think queso, pizza, tortas. I could go on, but I rather not make you gain five pounds just from reading.
I needed something light, yummy, and that wouldn't have my arteries dialing 911.
I realize that this may fit more as a summer salad, and kind of sticks out as a sore thumb among all the fall recipes, but go out on a limb for me.


enter fresh, light and yummy.


So simple but such an explosion of flavor in your mouth.


Ingredients:

2 medium peaches
2 cucumbers
1 avocado
1 lemon
red pepper flakes


Begin by peeling your cucumbers and with a peeler, slice them into ribbons.
Cut your peaches into medium to thin wedges. Cut your avocado into small cubes.
Toss all cut ingredients in a salad bowl. Squeeze lemon over salad and sprinkle red pepper flakes to your liking.

Super duper easy. No fuss and your arteries will be way happy. Hope you enjoy friends!! 



Until next time,



3 comments:

Hannah R. said...

That looks good! I love me some peaches and avocados! Though I never would have thought of putting them together. I might have to try this! :)

Sheila said...

Looks refreshing!! :)

Found your blog via the Blog Hop! Hope you have time to check out mine too and maybe follow?

xo - Sheila

www.sheislovelyblog.com

One Friday Night said...

Looks great! I'll have to give it ago!