HOPE SPOKEN 2014




So.... next friday, march 28 i will be driving up to dallas for the Hope Spoken conference!

to say i'm excited, nervous, jittery is an understatement. this will be the first conference i have ever attended other than church youth conferences. this one i'm venturing out on, on my own.
Hope Spoken is a christian conference open to anyone but i'm gathering the majority of the attendees will be women and most of them bloggers. and i'm sure it will be such an amazing experience that i can't wait to be able to take in and share about.

but today, i want to share with you how  the doors opened for me to get there. God has many surprises always up His sleeve and His stories are always just the best.

i met amy about a year or so ago through this online community, and let me tell you this girl a gem.
not only does she have the best weekends ;), but her heart for Jesus is on fiiiiiiiiaaaareee! (to the tune of Girl on fire please)

i had heard of hope spoken when it was first announced last march, and since it was only a few hours away from me, i thought it'd be something that i would want to attend to. however, my pennies had not been saved up yet. but i figured i would continue to pray about it and purchase a ticket come december when we receive a bonus at work. well around october, the tickets sold out.
looking in hindsight, i felt peace about it. normally, i would have been upset about it and felt self pity about it, but no, i was okay. i took it as something that God maybe didn't want me to attend to.

or so i thought.

a couple of months later, ms. amy sends me a text asking how far i am from texas. at first i thought she was coming down to texas! but i'm sure God has that saved for another time. in the meantime, she stated she had a ticket for the conference but was not going to be able to attend as the Lord was leading her to something else, and that the ticket was mine if i wanted it.

whoa!!!

the peace i had felt before? was because the Lord knew, oh He knew what was coming!
after praying about it some more, i felt that is where He wanted me to be, so i accepted the ticket.

i'm so amazed at how God uses willing hearts all the time to fulfill His story and i'm humbled and honored that i would be a part of how He used amy to fulfill it. she is one of the sweetest friends and more so because of how the Lord moves within her.

so the countdown begins, ten more days before i'm driving up to dallas and encounter the rest of God's story there!
to Him be all the glory!







3 comments:

Amy said...

This post just makes me rejoice soooo much in our amazing God!! I am just beyond blessed that He chooses to use US to bless each other, when really, He is the giver of all blessings. It's amazing.

Love you! And sooo excited to hear ALL about what God does in you and through you at this conference. And you better believe I'll be coming to Texas sometime in the future!

Discovery Street said...

I'm so excited for you!! I so wish I could attend this event!

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I'm enjoying reading your posts. I will be at Hope Spoken too! Can't wait! What part of Texas do you live?