even in the no's.

 photo IMG_20140331_091801_zps8wr3ss56.jpg

you know there are some things that are hard to understand.

especially when things don't go as planned or as you hope for.
the Hope Spoke conference is one of the things i had planned for this past weekend. everything had lined up for it, but sadly i wasn't able to attend.
i was pretty open to share that one of the reasons were limited funds, but there were other things happening that were placed as obstacles that i'd rather keep more quiet on.
either way, at first i found myself pretty confused at what or why it was happening. why things were not lining up , why the opportunity had even been given, and honestly it hurt a little.
but, even in the no, He is so gracious to teach us something.

and through this experience, He showed me what it means to serve.
my word for this year is selfless and it was such a reminder of what selfless looks like.

i can't even begin to tell you how extremely blessed my heart was with the selflessness of the beautiful sisters that encouraged me, supported me with prayer and/or financially, and were there rooting that things would work out.

it was a true meaning of reaching out towards someone's situation that really doesn't affect you, but you act like it does.
now i know my situation was not one of devastation or extreme need, i realize that. but even then, it was used to show me Jesus through the concern, thoughts, prayers of you all.

it showed me genuine servitude towards another. one that speaks volumes of selflessness.

on thursday God put in front of me two different families that needed to be served financially and spiritually. i may not have attended Hope Spoken and received ministry as an attendee, but i received it through this whole experience and am able to extend hope and support to others. passing on what i learned and putting it into motion.

even in the no's, He's up to something.