choose your happy.

let me tell you. life is too precious, beautiful and short to not be happy. amen?

and i get it, there will be days where the storm cloud hovers over your head and nothing seems right. i've had those days. buhlieve me, i have.
but what if instead of crawling underneath the covers, instead of wallowing in our sorrow, even though i know it's extremely hard not to do so, we choose to do something that truly makes us happy.
even on the days where the seas are calm, why not up our day by choosing to do something that makes your heart giddy, that releases a smile upon your face?

for me its:

painting, setting a brush to a blank canvas and just going at it.
cooking, there's such a calming that comes from chopping veggies for me!
worship, even if i'm not singing because being honest there are times when i don't feel it if the storm is raging, but just listening to worship music and the lyrics reminding me who He is can have such a transformation.
crafting - especially with my littles by my side. lately it's been more my girl, but anything crafty (not too complicated) is a picker upper.
sunday funday - or any day funday. going out to dinner, to the park, enjoying my family!

there are so many things that can be done to brighten up our day! and so many of them may actually be free. it's a win, win really.

because again, life is too beautiful and short to not be happy.

so, what is your happy?





3 comments:

Susannah said...

Choosing to be happy in life is so important. Too often we go through life without letting God bring the good and happiness to us!

17 Perth said...

Love this painting Leah--and love your model too! :) She is precious! Such a good reminder!

NONSuperwoman said...

We get to choose our happy. So easy to forget that. Great reminder.