just gotta laugh.


i have to share this. just have to, because i think it's so funny. not funny, funny. but funny in a kind sad of way. in a got a keep it real kind of way.

so you've heard the expression, 'when it rains, it pours', right?

well, it's been pouring around here. and before i dive in, please know i'm sharing this not to throw a pity party in any way, but honestly to serve as some kind of comic relief for it all.

this winter we've been hit earlier than usual, i think. usually my bones can take it, but this year i just can't seem to warm up. which is why i asked my husband to get our furnace replaced asap this year.
our furnace is much too small for the size of our house, which is small too. but the cheap builders decided to cut corners in this area. so, every year when we've dared to turn on the heater, our gas bill comes with a pretty $400+ price tag on it. every. month. of winter. until last year when it just gave out. so, this year so far we've been heating up with pretty nice heaters which warm up the whole room. but the living room never really warms up even with the fireplace on.
the furnace will be replaced next week due to parts, of course it's always parts, that haven't come in. blah.
on top of it, att (oh lovely att) is making upgrades to a high speed service, something like that, and it was supposed to be streamlined. no interruption at all. riiiiiight.
we've been without internet going on five days now. aside from our phones that are able to get the basic internet and runs extremely sllllllooooooowwww, we have nothing.
not only for blogging, but we need the internet for other purposes. including setting up a shop. (hint!)
if that wasn't enough, we're kinda strapped for cash. i dislike it very much when we're strapped for cash.
all things, thankfully, are paid, we have groceries too. so that's the bright side. but in all due honesty, it kind of stinks being strapped for cash, no?

okay, so all that to make this last thing the best of them all. as i drove in to work today, everything was fine and dandy, until i got to my workplace.
just like i do, everyday, i rolled down my window to swipe my badge to enter the building, and when i did, i heard a very loud clunk!

my window fell of the tracker and wouldn't come back up. honestly, i just died laughing.
now i have no window! oh my gee.

so, it's been pouring around here. but you know, what can i do but just laugh? i could choose to have these things bring me down, get me in a bad mood and have me take it out on the people around me.
but in the end, the only one miserable will be me.
bad things will come, and as long as they're material things, it can be fixed sooner or later. even if it's concerning health, it's all in God's hands. so why worry!

my husband last night joked we were living like in the great depression. no heat, broke, no internet. just each other. ha!
sometimes we gotta take life for what it is and just do the best we can, no?

anyway, how's your tuesday going?

4 comments:

Shannon Q. said...

Oh my gosh! I know exactly that point where really all you can do is laugh! Laugh because it's raining on you so hard that you'll just drown if you don't start ridiculously laughing :) I'm sorry you're having a rough patch but my heart is glad that you've still got your joy.

17 Perth said...

Oh my gosh Leah!! NNNOOOO!! I am sorry. And you are right--when it rains...it pours. That is so so true. I hate that you had that happened, but I am so encouraged by your out look. And I can relate to just dying laughing when it happened. It is one of those moments when you think---"This cannot be happening".

The Olive Tree Blog said...

Hugs and prayers friend!!! We have all been there!! Praying for god blessings over you ;)

Susannah said...

I'm so sorry you're going through all this right now. :-( You're in my prayers, dear girl!