beautifully molded. the studio.



today it's a pretty exciting day for me.
today it's the day that i finally shut up the fears, the day that i allow the Lord to lead me in the area i love the most, the day that i open up shop.

yep, the beautifully molded studio is open for business.

it's been a work in progress for two years. now i know that phrase sounds like for two years i've been working hard, setting up details, meeting with vendors, etc, etc. and today it's like the gala opening or something.
but when i say it's been a work in progress for two years, it's all been in my heart and mind. because of a pesky little thing called fear. that little obnoxious thing that stops us in our tracks and makes us second guess every.thing. fear of failure, fear of not being good enough, fear of disapproval, fear of letting go and so on.

so what made this time different? the heart of it all. jesus.

see, before my heart wasn't all that into jesus. two years ago and even up until a year and a half or so ago, i wasn't committed to serving with all of me. ministry was for me what i would put my left over time into, if there was any.
it was an item on my checklist.
boy, have things changed.

what God has done in my heart over the past year is nothing short of gracious and merciful, and because of what He has done in my heart, the heart of this shop is to reflect all the glory back to Him.
the Lord knows fully well my dreams and desires. He knows the ministries i want to be able to spend more time on. and i'm praying that this is the first step towards that.

friday, last week, i was in my very own craft show and while my stomach was in knots the whole time, i loved every minute of it. i was able to sell three paintings with the Lord's guidance.
it's where my heart is at. it's where i need to use what the Lord has given me to bring glory back to Him, to serve Him, to give back to Him.

so today, marks the first day of a new chapter, and i couldn't be happier!
the shop is now open!







4 comments:

Discovery Street said...

congratulations!!! cant wait to see your work!

17 Perth said...

LEAH!!!!!! Praise God! And how amazing is this!!??? I cannot wait to check it out!! Congrats and congrats again. SO happy for you!!!

Susannah said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see what God does through this!

Katie Cook said...

Gaahhhh I'm SOOO excited for you! You are so brave sweet girl! I am so excited to see your shop!!! xxxoo Katie