thankful for three.


Hello November.
It's bittersweet you're here. October flew by faster than I'd hoped for and didn't get to enjoy it fully, but you are one of my most favorite months, in which we get to celebrate thankfulness. so i'll put on my happy thankful pants on.
 
to begin the spirit of thankfulness, I am taking part in this link up I found that permits us to remember all for which we have to be thankful for. and we have lots!
today we write about a person we are thankful to have.
I have three that I want to focus on today.  Three little people that call me mommy.
 
These three littles have taken my heart and stretched it far beyond what I thought was possible and i'm oh so thankful for everything they teach me. they open my eyes to a new perspective everyday.

They have taught me how to be selfless for a bigger purpose, to believe in the power of prayer, and that working hard to attain something is far better than it dropping on your lap.
These three have also taught me that an 'I love you mommy' with a puppy eyes can weaken any mommy superpower and turn it into putty.
I'm thankful for their faith in me, even when i believe i'm messing up royally. their constant hugs and kisses reassure me that even though i might have lost my cool just minutes earlier, they get it. they know i feel horrible about not containing myself and shower me with grace.
 
i'm thankful for being able to have these three to care for and love on.
thankful to have them as guinea pigs with my kitchen experiments and thankful that they are not too hard on me, politely declining seconds without hurting my feelings.
thankful that their sweet faces as they sleep, remind me that all is well and i get another chance to do better.
thankful that although i think they are not listening when i talk to them about life, i can see they are with the way the choices they make.
thankful that in leaving their room a mess for the thirteenth billionth time, just gives me the chance to practice my patience in asking for the room to get clean for the thirteenth billionth time.
thankful, yet knowing that even though i will never be a perfect mom, they will love me just the same.

these three monkeys make me want to be better, do better and live better.
i'm so thankful for them.

who are you thankful for in your life?



linking up with:
 
 

6 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

oh love this. i too am thankful for my family, jesus, and my kids. my heart gets so heavy sometimes when i think about all those who long to be mamas.

Kelsea said...

Isn't being a mom the greatest? I love that picture of your kiddos. :)

Susannah said...

<3 I love hearing about women that love being moms. I feel like I'm surrounded by women that complain about it! Your kiddos are adorable!

NONSuperwoman said...

I'm thankful for my three too! :-) Great post.

Diane Writes said...

Priceless and definitely a growing unending list to thank for :)

I'm also thankful for my family who has always been with me.

Miss.AishaLC said...

I am thankful for for my parents. They have molded me into a young woman who I never couldve been without them, and without Christ. I am so thankful for them passing on all their good to me! and helping me not get their not so good lol.

Im thankful!

I am now following.

xoxo,
-A

ww.truesoulandspirit.blogspot.com