chopped!



the day finally came.

a year ago my daughter decided she wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love.

so for a year, she's been excitedly growing out her hair to be able to donate enough. ten inches is the requirement.

just before we left to get it cut, she doubted a little her decision fearing how she would look with short hair, and wondered how long it would take to grow back.
because we've all had the occasion where we chop and then we cry.

nonetheless, i think the fact that she would be helping out someone and the excitement of a new look, pushed her out the door and off we went.
she did great and not once did she shed a tear after seeing how much was cut. such a relief!


and her new little cut looks so cute! i didn't tell her, but she looks a little bit younger to me, kind of when she was smaller, and i love that!
i told her that her hair must have had all the sassiness, because she was super sweet when we got home and didn't give me sass one bit.
'someone will now have sassy hair mom, hopefully it doesn't tangle as much as it did on me!' she responded.

kids are amazing little creatures. they are so full of care and love. and i'm proud to be the momma of someone that yesterday made a difference.



5 comments:

NONSuperwoman said...

What a sweet gesture from your girl!

Susannah said...

Wow, how wonderful that she had the opportunity to bless someone like that. :-)

Cindy @ Cinsarah said...

Love her haircut! She looks so cute!

17 Perth said...

oh my gosh! How sweet is she?? I love that she chose to do that--and her new haircut? Adorable!

Diane Writes said...

Hi Leah! New follower here! I blog hopped from Kyna's site.

I'm backreading your posts and enjoyed everything. I'm enjoying my quiet time with your blog. It would really make me happy if we could become blog friends too.

I salute your daughter's decision. Not all female kids can do such noble task.

Wishing you a great week ahead!