super light easy salad.



you know what's hard about food posts? i never really know how to start them. what's a good opening line for food, other than, you wanna grab a bite to eat?
except that sounds like an invitation to go grab a bite to eat, and of course since you are in one state and i'm in another, it's pretty rude to imply i'm inviting you over to eat when obviously it's not possible. phew. that was a mouthful.
but seriously if it was possible for you to come over for lunch or something, i'd probably prepare this salad, because it's easy and healthy. two things i really need in my life right now.
okay, let's get to the recipe already, no?
super fast, super easy, fresh ingredients. 

you'll need:

one large to medium zucchini
one large carrot
1 medium apple
half a grapefruit
flax seeds

how to:

 lengthwise, run zucchini and carrot through peeler to make ribbon like strips. dice apples in small bite size pieces. toss in a bowl. squeeze grapefruit over salad. sprinkle flax seeds to liking over salad. 
eat. 

what are your favorite salad options?


 photo siggie_zpsf7137529.jpg

6 comments:

17 Perth said...

Yum. I am not that creative with salads. lol, but this is something that I would LOVE! Definitely going to give it a try. (And when I do make salads, it usually includes a little goat or feta cheese. lol you know, the healthy stuff. ;) )

Unknown said...

That looks delicious! Pinning this!

Unknown said...

I love the colors of the salad! It looks gorgeous and with the ingredients, I'm sure it's delicious. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I followed yours so I can keep up!

~Taylor

Liveandmoveblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such an interesting combination, but it sounds wonderful!

Amy said...

Ohh I love how this is so simple, yet fancy!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

yum! i love salads! arugula is a must ... mainly b/c we grow it and cant eat it fast enough lol.


i love mushrooms and black beans in my salads :)