7 days down.


day 7 - did not take a picture, but took the kids to Gattitown and ate a plateful of their surprisingly fresh salad bar.

if i were to tell you that this past week was a piece of cake on my #30daysofsalads, i'd be a huge liar. it was hard guys.

the first two days were okay. i actually enjoyed it, because i was pretty pumped and on wednesday all of your comments made the day easier. i woke up super hungry but surprisingly, with a little more energy than usual. might have something to do with my body not being filled with carbs galore, you think?
now thursday was hard. i still had good energy, noticeably less bloating but i was hungry and craving a nice juicy burger.  on top of it, i believe it was the day my husband brought home some frapuccinos and ginger spiced cake. men. that's all i have to say on that. haha.
and though my sweet tooth cried. like an ugly cry, i didn't cave.
so as i write this, i am four pounds lighter, have more energy, i can breathe better and my soul, that's the best part. my soul is overflowing. it helps me so much to know that i am doing this to honor the Lord as well. before when it was just me trying to do it on my own, i didn't care one bit if my love handles were exceeding their capacity and if my health was going to waste. now though, i'm allowing myself to be transformed.

Variation has also helped. Not to toot my own horn, but sister here can toss a mean salad.

First week down, three more to go girls. thank you all for your sweet encouragement. you all are the sweetest friends!


 photo siggie_zpsf7137529.jpg

5 comments:

Discovery Street said...

Woohoo! Way to stick with it!!

17 Perth said...

These all look delicious! And good for you!! That is awesome!

Amy said...

You CAN toss a mean salad!! Wanna toss me one? Or like 7? One for each day of the week, perhaps?

Unknown said...

Um, I just might have to try this. Seriously. I neeeed some kind of cleansing, get-off-of-carbs, thing to go on for a while.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

yum i love love love avacado!! I am not sure what kind of a plan oyu are sticking to ... but sunflower seeds are one of my favorite snack! they have great flavor and a full goes along way :)

be strong!