scripture saturday : you're not forsaken.


sometimes when we look at things in hindsight, they seem more clear don't they? sometimes we can say, oh i see how that makes sense now, or i see why that happened.
looking at my life in hindsight, i can see one simple truth: i have never been forsaken by the Lord. in my darkest hour where my life didn't matter anymore. where i wanted out. He did not forsake me.
and He will not forsake you friend. He told His disciples, 'Take courage, it is I. Do not be afraid.'

Who is He that says, It is I? He is the risen Lamb that has conquered death. that has taken away death's sting and replaced it with an everlasting love that never ends. Becky shared such a beautiful song on her blog, and i have been playing it on repeat. what a wonderful truth to know, we will never  walk this road alone. We will never be forsaken.



 photo siggie_zpsf7137529.jpg

3 comments:

17 Perth said...

LOVE this. And, you are absolutely right, even when things don't seem to make sense..trust and believe in Him. He is our reliable Maker. Thank you for the reminder!

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

I've had that song on repeat too! =)
Literally the very first thing I did this morning was put on my headphones and listen to it.
Actually, my husband had one headphone in his ear and I had the other in mine. So we listened to it together. (He had never heard it before. He loved it too.)
It is such a huuuuge blessing to be reminded that God walks with us and not for a moment does He leave our side. (phew)
I'm so glad you've enjoyed it just as much as I have!
(((hugs))))

Have a great weekend, friend!!

Katie said...

That song always seems to come on when I need it most (or, say, be embedded in a blog post that I'm reading a day late, just when I need to hear it).

Love the little changes you've made to your look, too!