a meet up of influential women.

on my tenth anniversary trip to Seattle atop the Space needle. 

today i am super, super excited to be joining a link up with The Influence Network
if you haven't heard of it, please head on over and join. best $5 i've spent seriously. check it out and you'll know i'm not lying.

so in an effort to get to know each other a little better, here's three things about me that you might not know.

1. i'm a clean kitchen freak. 
i'm obsessed with having my kitchen clean. i mean the rest of the house can be upside down, but the kitchen  has to be spick and span. before i start cooking if there's any dishes that my kids/husband have left in the sink, they have to be washed first before i dirty any more. before going to sleep i have to wipe down the counters, and wash dirty dishes. there's nothing worst than waking up to a dirty kitchen, it automatically puts a damper on my morning! basically, there are some women who would prefer to be late to work before leaving out of the house with their hair undone, and then there's me who prefers to be late before leaving the kitchen a mess.

2. i love to worship. 
singing has always been a passion for me. i love reading God's word and digging into His truth, but singing and lifting up praises is where i find intimacy with the Lord. for a long time, i felt God calling me into leading worship, but big fears kept me from stepping forward. A few months ago, God opened the doors to it, and it's the most favorite part of my weekends. There's something about lifting my voice to sing about His unending love that makes my soul dance.

3. i wanted to be a flight attendant. 
as a little girl, i didn't want to be a princess, or a mommy. after my first experience flying around six, i wanted to be a flight attendant. i thought it was so cool how they got to stand up in the plane and travel all over the world. the irony is that i get so anxious the night before a flight. always. my stomach gets in knots and can barely sleep. go figure!

can't wait to read everyone else's. i love being part of this community even if i'm a newbie (literally just signed up last week), i have learned that it is a safe and welcoming place to be yourself. these women are all about lifting each other up, encouraging, supporting and most importantly taking the time to pray for one another. it's being part of something that is growing for His glory and i'm so happy to have taken the time to form part of it.

seriously, go and join!

 photo siggie_zpsf7137529.jpg

19 comments:

Hannah R. said...

I love singing, and I turn on praise music almost all day. It just puts me in the best mood!! :)

I'm with ya on the kitchen. I really dislike having dirty dishes laying around!

Anonymous said...

Leah - I love a clean kitchen too, but dishes are my least favorite chore. Not a good combo :)

I'm so glad you joined the Network. I've loved getting to know you the past few months on my blog.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

I love anything to do with clean! I love worship! flight attended ... how fun!?

Amy said...

It's the best money that I spend every month!! And I LOVE worship, too! Worship is seriously what finally pulled my heart in to surrender my entire life to Christ. It's so intimate and I just love being surrounded by my entire family of brothers and sisters crying out praises to our God! It's the bestttt :)

Unknown said...

Hi Leah! It is so great to meet you and I am major looking forward to getting to know you. Love your heart of worship and to travel. Go, girl go!!

Kerrie Williams said...

I help lead worship too (and have for 15 years) and I just love love love it! Yes. something about pouring yourself out to God in song is just ... indescribable? So so nice to meet you through the network!

Unknown said...

i also LOVE to worship! singing and praising jesus' name is one of the ways i feel closest to him. love it! :) so glad you joined the network!

helen said...

love these three tidbits you shared. thanks for letting us know you better! loveee #2!

Elizabeth said...

worship through music is one of my favorites ever! you can find me listening to gungor, all sons & daughters, and hillsong ALL THE TIME. i just feel so close to the Lord when i sing Him praises. while i am at work, in the car, cleaning the kitchen ;) love it!

Unknown said...

HA! You said on my blog we were the same and now on yours we have even moer in common!! I too am a clean kitchen FREAK + the worship. Love getting to know you too!

Sara said...

I love worshiping through music as well, it's so wonderful! :)

Sara
http://sbengschayearoftransformation.blogspot.com/

courtney {splendid actually} said...

ohhh the sentence about His love making your soul dance... how lovely that sounds! can't wait to get to know you better through the network and your blog!

katie_shannon said...

I love a clean kitchen, I agree the whole house can be turned upside down but if the kitchen is clean I don't feel so overwhelmed. I've finally gotten into the habit of cleaning it every night before bed [ok, most nights]. I love worship so much too!

Brooke said...

So nice to meet you, Leah! The Influence Network is such a great community! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and visiting.

Annie said...

I've thought about being a flight attendant because I love to travel! But I don't know if I think I would want flying to be my job. I don't love flying that much.

i love what you say about the community at the network: that is absolutely true. i feel so comfortable speaking my mind in love, knowing that my sisters will respond graciously even if they don't agree!

Nadine said...

I need you in my life! Seriously. Can you please come over each evening, or maybe like once a week, and clean my kitchen? I don't mind my cluttered self, but sometimes I wish I was better at cleaning right away! I'm good when I do baking or cooking, to clean up right away, but on the other nights, there is always at least a plate or three around! Welcome to the network! I'm glad you joined in.

Amanda said...

I love singing too!! I went to college on a voice scholarship and traveled for a couple of years. It was glorious, and I miss it sometimes.

Glad to get to know a little bit about you!

Kristin Cho said...

girl I wanted to be a flight attendant too!! I just wanted to be free and travel and get paid to do it :)

and I can totally understand the kitchen. if that is where I'll spend most of my time, it needs to be in order and ready to go.

I hope to meet you in person in September. I've loved getting to know you these past couple months!!

Unknown said...

Hi Leah! I love your 3 things! I think it's SO special when you have a dream as a child and it never goes away. I love that you knew what you wanted to do even at age 6! How cool! So glad to be a part of this beautiful Influence community with you!