why to blog.


i love blogging. where's it's been all my life? is what i ask myself sometimes.
being 100% truthful, which is what we all want everyone to be, i've thought to myself  at one point in time and asked: what is the purpose of this?
well, self, i'll tell you what's the purpose of this. 
 
COMMUNITY:
i know this sounds like a given, but truly, i love being able to connect with women all over the country on different levels and engage in a community that truly supports each other.
it is such an encouragement to write something from the heart, and have women be able to relate and come together to form an amazing community.
my absolute favorite is being able to learn new things, see life from a new perspective all because of some one's writing who has chosen to use it for good.

CREATIVE OUTLET:
i like to be creative, and sadly my office job doesn't give much room for creativity in the form of writing, photography, art or things of the sort.
blogging is where i can release my creative juices and go where my heart takes me.
this is my little place, to enjoy every minute of it sharing with you my life.

GROWTH:
this one is kind of odd for me, but when i think about it, i can't leave it out.
through the posts i write and what i write about, i have seen a growth within me.
a growth as a mother, wife and as a woman.
i strive to be better because i've been influenced in many ways.
it's kind of amazing.

FAITH:
this is certainly not the least in importance to me.
when i first started blogging, i had an idea it was more of a platform for project, crafts, recipes and fashion with a heartfelt post here or there.
never did i imagine that using my voice to tell of my faith was an option.
and truth  be told, i was a little hesitant.
the fact that God is using so many women to speak about their faith and the wonderful things that happen in their daily lives because of it, is mind blowing.
if there's one thing that i love like a kid loves cake, is testimonies.
and i've been floored and have bawled at reading many of them.

so. when i think of why i blog, and why i should keep going i just remember these reasons.
and to me, they're good enough to keep writing, keep creating and keep living my purpose.
cheers to blogging!

what's your favorite part of blogging?


linking up with:


18 comments:

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

Great post, Leah. I think my reasons are very similar...community and creativity are probably my top two as well! (Visiting via Yolo Mondays!)

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of blogging is reading blogs of women who are also gifted writers and share their knowledge through their writings.

Discovery Street said...

I agree with everything you wrote! I love blogging!

Martina said...

I agree with everything you said! Crazy part is I was just about to write a post similar to this on why I blog (and I may still do it).... However, your very statements are reasons why I blog as well! I love my new found sisters and just being able to read other blogs to get encouragement.... I definitely feel apart of this great community:) Also, I have been trying to comment on a couple of post of yours in the past few days but for some reason I have been unable to do that. I enjoy your post. I nominated you for a "liebster award" please go here to accept it!

http://blessedamazingly.blogspot.com/2013/01/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

Rachel Zimm said...

i think about this everyday. I love the creative outlet & the faith platform. both are so important!
floral&fudge

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

Love it! I agree with everything you said. Blogging is such a great way to build community, be encouraged by other bloggers, release your creative juices, and share your faith! It's definitely helped me to grow, too. I really appreciate being able to read other womens' blogs, let them know they inspire me and have them respond with sweet words. Of course, there's always a downside to everything, including blogging, but in my personal experience I've had way more positives than negatives.
You're awesome, girl! Love these thoughts!
(((hugs)))

Hanna said...

HI there!!! I'm Hanna and I am your newest follower! Foudn your lovely blog on the Monday blog hop!! SO GLAD I DID!!! Happy New Year! Find me anytime at
www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Lacey said...

Those are all fabulous reasons to blog. "Keep living my purpose" I really love that. My desk job also does not allow for much of a creative outlet. So, my blog allows that for me, as well. So glad I found your blog on Yolo Mondays.

Dept of Random Thoughts

Leah said...

community and creativity are super fun. thank you for stopping by!

Leah said...

such as yours ms. funmi. you are such a talented writer!

Leah said...

thank you ruthy ann! it kinda rocks!

Leah said...

go for it still! no rules against writing about the same thing right? if it's what's in your heart then write, don't hold back because this is what this is all about.
i love receiving encouragement as well. and thanks for letting me know. you're the second person that tells me about it. i need to look into that.

Leah said...

yes rachel, i agree!

Leah said...

you're one of the women that is so inspirational to me! always keeping it real.
you're an awesome woman yourself girl!

Leah said...

i'm so happy to have you on board hanna! i love your blog and love reading what you have to say. happy new year to you too!

Leah said...

thank you Lacey. i think that's the biggest realization for me, that i can live out my purpose through this. and that i love! thank you for reading and for your sweet words.

helen said...

i love blogging for ALL the same reasons you just listed, especially being able to be encouraged by other believers who love the lord and are so passionate for His glory :)

Leah said...

that is truly an encouragement helen. i love sharing my faith and seeing what God is doing in the lives of so many women. amazing!