welcome to my coffee shop.



i'm a dreamer. a big time dreamer. some dreams come and go. like when i wanted to make custom car seat covers, though i don't know how to sew.
or like the time i wanted to do interior designing, though i don't even have my house decorated.
so those dreams are more like 'oh that would be fun' thoughts.

however, one dream that remains and pray that one day God allows me the opportunity somehow, is to own my own little quaint coffee shop.
one, i LOVE coffee.
two, i love pastries.
three, i love the ambiance of coffee shops.
so, i think it's a given. this dream has potential.

i have the vision of how it'd look too.

(all images from tumblr/pinterest. art by joan mitchell)

as you walk in, you would see white distressed cabinets with open shelving against an exposed brick wall.
the menu would be handwritten on large chalkboards with the neatest handwriting and prices would be comfortable too.
on the open shelving, i'd display the cups/plates used for serving so it could feel as you were right at home.
as you waited for your order you would browse the walls adorned with beautiful art pieces from local artists. myself included, of course. (that's fair right?)
and if you'd rather enjoy your coffee/latte/chai tea with the most scrumptious pastry ever, right there in my coffee shop, you would be able to make your way over to the lounge area.
it'd be a cozy space with handmade sofa pillows and a bookshelf with an array of books to fit your taste, while you spend an afternoon enjoying yourself.
i can see it as a location for girlfriends to meet up and chit chat while catching up.
a location for a husband and wife to steal a moment from a busy day, or where an engagement photo shoot might take place.

and at the end of the day, i would have my children and husband join me for our own coffee shop date.
one day. one day it might be the case.

what do you dream about?








5 comments:

Shannon Q. said...

I actually dream about someday having a coffee shop too and/or a breakfast house/coffee shop. I really like the ambiance and the unique feeling you get from privately owned coffee shops. one day my friend, oh and you look pretty darn beautiful in the photo of yourself you included.

Amy Shaughnessy said...

I love this! What a fabulous, fun dream. I think your description of the shop sounds beautiful. Definitely beats a Starbucks, anyway. I like to support local restaurants/coffee shops. Good luck! I hope you get to open one soon!

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

Megan @ EphesiansWife said...

That sounds amazing! I can totally picture it!!!!

Kimberly said...

I love this post! I envision owning a place for kids, but I may have to do something like this to bring it to life ;]. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed my latte at your shop.

Kimberly
KIMBERLYLUXE.COM

Discovery Street said...

Owning a coffee shop has been a dream I've had since collage!