texas kids meet snow.


snow. sighting it is almost like sighting big foot around my parts of the world.
the one time we saw something white fall from the sky, it was a few flurries that melted almost immediately.
as soon as we arrived at Snoqualmie mountain during our trip to Seattle, my breath was taken away by such beauty! 
it was truly a winter wonderland. 



you would've thought it was all of the kids' birthdays combined from the giddiness and squeals coming from them, as soon as they stepped foot out of the car.

for your enjoyment, a few of my favorite shots.




completely overjoyed by it all. 'thank you jesus!'


i do realize it is a requirement to build a snowmen when surrounded by three feet of snow, but please understand that we texans, could not get the snow to stay in a perfect ball. dang, we couldn't get it to stay together period! fail.
so instead, they decided to just stand under the trees and be showered by snow. 


even my hunny couldn't stay away from the fun! 


maker gif

hehe...

have a beautiful day friends!
maker gif



6 comments:

Kayla Peveler said...

How freaking precious. Love me a good snow fall! I haven't been able to go sledding in YEARS. Caleb and I have never done it together. You guys look like you had a blast!!! :)

Discovery Street said...

I grew up in Hawaii and Texas...I remember my first time in the snow too! They will always remember this day!

Nicole Renee said...

Hi Leah! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog. You always leave me the sweetest comments and would love to learn more about you! Check out my link for details:
http://evensparrows.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

Hugs!
Nicole

Ali W. said...

Those pictures are so pretty! It looks like the kids had so much fun too. How fun!! I can't wait until we have snow! (kinda...I am really a wimp in the snow)

kyna... said...

So much fun!! The kids look so excited! This totally made me smile! So happy they enjoyed it!
♥ Kyna

The Olive Tree Blog said...

so sweet! glad you had a great time!