celebrate life.


this weekend was bittersweet. my husband was out of town since friday and missed him terribly. in the light of the recent Connecticut events, i wanted to squeeze him tight and let him know how much he meant to me. i had my kids with me though and i got to love on them and have a mini sleep over in my room both nights.

tragedy has a way of awakening our soul. it does mine, and all weekend my mind couldn't help but wander off to that quaint town where many homes had a somber and heartbreaking mood within their walls. we know that life is short, but this shakes me to acknowledge that it truly can go in the blink of an eye. the time we have been given is a gift. each morning is a gift and it should be celebrated. candles, balloons, cake and all; metaphorically speaking of course, unless you want to literally, then do it by all means. 

i think of how many times, i've let the day's frustration overwhelm me and spill into my relationships. specifically at home. how instead of picking my battles, i've chosen every single one over spilled milk. 
 life cannot be wasted over things that don't really matter and even the ones that do, can be handled with more grace.
when i'm gone, which inevitably will happen, i want my loved ones to remember me by one who celebrated life to the fullest. 

kiss your kiddos. tickle them spontaneously. bake cakes just because. have a sudden dance party. 
awaken them with a song. hide sweet notes in their lunchboxes. and light up their world everyday. 
don't limit it to your kids. celebrate life with your spouse, your loved ones who can so suddenly be taken away. 

seeing their little faces and their names made it more personable to me. i never met them, but their story has hit my heart like nothing else.
please, please, please. celebrate this life. live it with love and compassion.
let bygones be bygones. forgive as we've been forgiven. love and live like God intended for us to live.
loving eachother fully, with no holding back.
celebrate life and love until you burst.

wishing you all a beautiful and lovefilled monday.


hoping to inspire others here:




 














4 comments:

Kayla Peveler said...

Such a blessing you got to spend some quality time with your babes this weekend! :) you are very blessed.

Leah said...

it was such a wonderful blessing. thank you Kayla! enjoy your day pretty lady!

Anonymous said...

Amen girl! I never want to leave my kids without making sure they get tons of hugs and kisses and I tell them how much they mean to me. I never want to pass up an opportunity to do something fun with them, to show them I care. Glad you got to have a fun little sleepover with your kiddos this weekend!

Leah said...

oh yes. those opportunities may never come again. hug them real tight!