So, you wanna blog?

Sunday, I spent some time on a quest to find blogs that would inspire me.

This being my second go round at blogging, after a good hiatus, I was hit with the same feelings I had when I first began to blog.

will I write something witty and brilliant that people will want to read?
will my blog design be as trendy as the next blogger?
will I gain a 'respectable' amount of readers?







It's amazing how my insecurities are still present, even through the Internet.
I've come across a few posts here and there, that with good intention  suggest how to be a successful blogger, or how to obtain a 'respectable' readership.

- a clean layout
- great quality pictures
- a great About Me section
- sponsor blogs with 500+ readers. 

Those are just some. 

With those suggestions, in mind (which are not all bad), one may come across another blog and find dissatisfaction in their own blog. I admit, I've been there. So I return to my blog and begin to spend hours trying to tweak something here and there. Hours that could have been spent making memories with my loved ones.

As far as I'm concerned, there should only be two requirements to blogging and that is to be yourself,
(cliche, I know) and be passionate.
Being fake is digging the biggest grave that you can. It catches up to you. 
Plus, I believe that each one of us was created with a special gift, a story that needs to be shared.

So be you. be fabulous. Be everything that you were meant to be. Even if that means writing about the puppy that you love so much, write to your heart's content to where your readers can see how much you love that pup. you get what i mean, right?
Blogging is my element, where I can be me, where I can write about whatever is stirring inside me. 

And be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day. Readers that can relate to you will find you. And even if you spend the whole entire blogging journey with say, 50 readers, those 50 readers will be the ones to support you and encourage you.

That's my two cents on the matter friends.

What are your thoughts on blogging?











4 comments:

Design Eat Repeat said...

My two cents is that if you blog about your passions, people will see that. I feel like sharing my ideas is one of my favorite things about blogging. So I agree with your points 100%!

Rachael said...

I love this! I've been thinking a lot about blogging recently; well, more about 'unblogging. When I first blogged back in '09, there was none of this SEO and sponsors and monetization and stuff, and I miss being able to visit a blog and just... meet a new gal-pal from on the other side of the world. :)
Passion for who you are, who God has created you to be and the message He has given you to share, is essential!
xo Rachael

Leah said...

Thank you all for your amazing comments and reading. You all rock!!

Anonymous said...

Oh don't worry about that stuff! Just blog because you love it! Thats what I do! You are lovely. I like your blog.