if you came over unexpectedly

alright folks, it's about to get pretty real up in here. hope you all can handle it. so let's begin.




if you came over unexpectedly, i would warmly greet you at the door, while sweating nervously. 'oh hi there, um glad that you visited?'




if you came over unexpectedly, my kids would run up to you either shirtless or with only one sock on. I think i may have missed the memo on this being cool. what gives, really?





if you came over unexpectedly, i would not be strutting the latest J.Crew fashion but would be wearing my favorite super old jeans and an over sized t-shirt.


if you came over unexpectedly, i would awkwardly invite you to sit on my ugly couches that my husband picked out. I've hated them since the time they were delivered to my door.



if you came over unexpectedly, my kids would try to interrupt our conversation every five minutes to show you all their Lego creations.

if you came over unexpectedly, my kitchen would be clean because i'm pretty ocd about that, but my floors would probably need a good mopping. hopefully you wouldn't comment on that.

if you came over unexpectedly, i'd ask you to keep your shoes on. stepping on a stray lego is less painful that way and you wouldn't have to sue me.

if you came over unexpectedly, you'd probably yell from the guest bathroom for some toilet paper since the one there is probably soaking nicely in the sink.

if you were to come over, the neighbor kid would be knocking non stop until someone opened the door.

if you were to come over unexpectedly, i'd probably bribe you to stay for a while since having another adult during the daytime to keep me from pulling my hair out is always a good idea.

but above all the craziness and mess, if you were to come over unexpectedly we'd have the best girl talk and lots of laughs.

what craziness would i find if i came over unexpectedly?









linking up with these lovelies:






Apples of Gold
Covered in Grace Photobucket
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

anna lizbeth said...

i love this post! such a great idea :)
-annalizbeth

Anonymous said...

The couches are not that bad...lol.
If you came over to my house unexpectedly, I wouldn't be home. I am home nly on the weekends. I spend most of my days in school, I live there...lol

Leah said...

thank you annalizbeth!

Leah said...

they look better in the picture, buh-lieve me girl. well then I will make sure to visit on the weekends. haha.

Shannon Q. said...

LOL about those couches! They aren't that bad.
I love your post, it sounds like we could come over to one another's home and experience many of the same things we do in our own homes. It's a beautiful mess :)

Lexi said...

haha, this is so honest and sweet! I love it!
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Leah said...

okay now you all are just making me feel guilty about hating on my couches! lol. I think we all have some craziness going on, but it is indeed a beautiful mess!! :)

Leah said...

thank you Lexi!

henning love said...

i love this! makes me feel less bad about my usually not kept house, so please if you come over don't judge but pick up a broom ;-) totally kidding, i would make the house look good for you and probably bake you a plate of cookies as well

Leah said...

I try to keep the house clean at least on the weekends, but it's tough with three kiddos running around. gah!

Leah said...

lol! I will definitely pick up a broom - hahaha. and you won me over at baked cookies!

Melissa Coleman said...

Great post!

Probably similar to anyone coming over unexpectedly at my house. haha

xoxo,
Melissa

Leah said...

thank you Melissa! I think we all have our little craziness going on. lol.

Leah said...

yay I'm glad you enjoyed it! I tell you girl, this man drives me crazy sometimes, but I love him tons, even if it means not picking prettier couches!

Nicole Renee said...

I loved this post, cracked me up!

Leah said...

glad i was able to make you laugh!