something new.



so i'm typing this up at last minute.
because even as i type, i'm unsure and a little afraid. okay a lotta afraid.
it's funny how typing out those words, make this a little comforting. just to make it known i really don't know how to thread about things and have no clue at what may come.

the last few weeks, my heart has been really uneasy.
i've been thinking over and over on what i am to do in this lifetime.

where i am now, i don't feel like i'm fulfilling my purpose. not one bit.
i'm grateful for my job, yes i am. it pays the bills, allows for my family and i to enjoy a meal out here and there and so forth. but am i really spending my day using what God gave me?
and so that has been the question on my heart. and the answer has been a resounding no. i'm not.
i know i'm to glorify the Lord with everything, and i mean everything i do. and that includes my job. however, i feel like if i've had this uneasiness about it, it must mean i'm being pushed to step out of it and chase what has always been my joy.

art. creating. making.

my dream has always been to own a little studio and lately my heart has been on community, families and kids.
how am i impacting my community?

i'm the first one to hide away in my home with my kids after school. sure we wave and smile at our neighbors, but am i really, really reaching out? no. sadly i'm not.

creating an event for the community has been something i've always been wanting to plan and execute. but. oh the buts.

but what if it's horrible?
what if nobody attends?
what if no one likes it?

and just today as hesitated to write this out because i thought, maybe i'll pray more about it, maybe i'll wait a little bit more. i read carrie's post and jessi's and could God be any more clear?

could He be any more clear about us just doing it.
just going for it? just starting out and letting HIM do it all?

friends, i have no clue where this will lead. heck, i don't even really have a plan, but i know He does.
and one thing i know to be true is that things in His hands will be bigger and better than we could ever imagine. and for however long He wants it and how He wants it will be a greater blessing, as long as He walks before it.

so today i ask that you help me pray for this new little movement that will begin:

Kreative Kids will be an organization that will take art/craft fairs to the communities where kiddos will be able to craft and paint exercising their creativity among other children, and building a community among mothers based on the beautiful Gospel of Jesus. and maybe one day, if it it's what God wants, it will turn into a permanent home somewhere where kiddos will be able to come in any day of the week.


and here's where i do something a little more scary and out of my comfort zone. i ask for your help.
gulp.

if you would feel so inclined to help out, whether it'd be monetary or with art supplies, would you email me? even if you'd like to spread word. every little bit will help as i plan for this to be free/donation based to the community.
but most importantly, and i really mean this, your prayers are priceless. please pray for me and this, that God would move.
i know i'm not even ready for what is about to come, i just know it.


here's a huge virtual hug! ((    ))






5 comments:

Shannon Q. said...

yes, yes, yes!! I feel like I am in the same season as you wrote about...there is something big over your life (and mine) the picture is fuzzy but we know without a doubt that it's there! Let me know how I can help! I'm on the team!

katie_shannon said...

Love this Leah, go for it girl!

17 Perth said...

I love the rawness here....And i am SO excited for you leah! This is huge and He will move! He will!! Congrats on this new endeavor and I will definitely be praying!

helen said...

THIS IS AMAZING, leah!!!! so encouraged by your heart to serve others with the gifts God's given you! will pray for you for sure! would love to hear more about your venture as you go along and if i can help in any way!!!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

LOOOOOOOOVEEE! GET IT GIRL! God will bless you!