my people.

 
every time the day will begin with the kids excited to get out of the house. i tell you we could be photographed and have our picture land in a magazine or something from how perfectly poised the kids look in the backseat of my husband's suv. how my husband and i are joyful to give our kids opportunities whether big or small, sometimes you might catch us holding hands in the front of the vehicle chatting on our childhood, things we dream of doing, joking with the kids, etc.

however, we are a real family, and that doesn't quite last long.
halfway through the trip someone will look at somebody else and the 'mooooooooom, he's looking at me!' will begin.
when we get down to eat, a little argument will break out on who gets to sit where, and after some bickering, my husband will have to sternly tell them to stop.
we will eat in peace and talk happily. walking out to the car with our bellies full, more arguing will start on who doesn't want to sit in the middle. which will for the thirteenth millionth time stress me out, because this is every.time. and then my husband might say something that doesn't strike the right cord with me which we know what happens then.

yet after some sulking, the kids will be chatting away happily again and my husband and i will just roll our eyes at knowing it's probably some conspiracy thing going on from them trying to drive us crazy.
as i look at them, my husband included. i see my people.
not perfect by any means. crazy, looney, moody and loud. but my people nonetheless who i love tremendously to the moon and back.



3 comments:

17 Perth said...

So sweet. And SO true.
My favorite line?
"not perfect by any means. crazy, looney, moody and loud. but my people nonetheless who i love tremendously to the moon and back."

Susannah said...

<3 And you are very blessed!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

so sweet...I don't know if you listen to country music...but have you ever heard the song" just another day in paradise? by phil vassar...such a good song. :) Reminds me of this.

Such a sweet family you have!