coffee woes.


i quit coffee.

yes i know. that should be considered a sin. but guys. my body was having a fit.
and mind you i've drank coffee for over two years, but as of late, coffee and i were not getting along.

i'll spare you the details, other than my body was just screaming a big loud no.
and i know as with anything, every organism is different, so while you may relish in lattes, espressos, and any other coffee variety, i had to stop.

while tea might be an option, i really don't enjoy tea all that much. so my only other option was juicing. and juicing i did.
let me tell you. that first day at work, i struggled. my head was hurting, i got dizzy, my heart was screaming for caffeine!
but as the week went by and i kept replacing my coffee for juice, i felt so much better and with a little bit more energy.

it's amazing what happens when we actually listen to our bodies, which i, for one, choose to have selective hearing with,
like it telling me to lay off the baked goods.

i don't know that i will never drink coffee again, but the feeling of not being completely dependant on it is truly freeing. that and not feeling like a hot air balloon. :|

have you had to cut anything out of your diet?
how did it work out?








7 comments:

Jan said...

Not YET, but my head has been hurting again and I still do not know why. I had it last month too...hopefully it's just allergies. I'm glad you found what works for you though! :)

Jan Loves

Susannah said...

I'm so glad you're able to make choices that help your body out!!! I cut down to one cup of coffee a day and at first it was so hard but now it's completely normal! :-)

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

You are braaaave, girl! But I do understand the feeling of listening to your body. I gave up soft drinks (well, not 100% completely, but we rarely buy it anymore, and i used to crave pepsi like crazy) and i feel soooo much better!! It's hard, but usually so worth it. But my coffee would be a tough one to give up!

Kara Renee said...

I had to go ten days without coffee while I was on antibiotics and I simply couldn't do it! Good luck on your juicing endeavors. I've only heard such amazing things about it!

17 Perth said...

Oh I feel your pain!! I'm not drinking coffee now..because of being pregnant and the morning sickness helped me get off of it! Lol.....but I have done it before also and it is very hard! The headaches! Hoping this passes for you quickly!

Kelsea said...

OOoh good for you for listening to your body and giving it what it needs! Mine was sugar recently- I was hooked- anything and everything! Once I quit cold turkey for about four months, the cravings were gone and I can now enjoy it here and there without needing to shove my face full.

Unknown said...

I've tried quitting the junk food, but I have too much of it in my trunk and I don't want it to expire so I'm stuck with being unhealthy for a while :\