life.

 
that's what my house looks like right now. sans the newspapers.
it's messy, chaotic, looks empty.
 
life right now is kind of the same. sans the empty.
 
our life lately has been pretty messy lately. and i say messy simply because there are things that are not really in order that i would really, really, love for to be in order.
things that need some fixing. some ironing over.
 
must you know, those things include marriage, finances, decisions regarding our church plant.
there are decisions to be made, questions that still need answers, prayers that need to be continued.
but, and yes there's always a but.
 
but i don't feel empty. that's good news, no?
 
i feel thankful. i feel happy, even though my sleepiness right now seems to make me think i'm not. but i am. i am happy.
happy knowing that God is in it all.
that He is working through the mess. and even though there are some areas that still need a second coat of paint, sadly much like the walls above, He is waiting for the perfect timing.
 
funny how an afternoon of painting walls can get me in a reflective mood, huh? and leave me with very sore arms. ouch.
 
anyway, i know the walls look scary. i mean leather brown is not really what i would've chosen. but with marriage comes compromise, and it's better than 'hey here's our obnoxious house bright orange.'
plus i'm hoping once we get the second coat on and put our paintings back on the walls with the white bench next to it, it will all come together. here's to hoping!
 
hope you all had a lovely weekend!
 
 

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love you, love you, love you.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family, deary.

17 Perth said...

I love the brown! :) I think it will look great! And I LOVE when things are messy and full!! I mean--I would LOVE things to be tidy and full--but for me--that just doesn't seem to happen. lol. Thankful you are full. :) Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Katie Cook said...

I can't wait to see it all come together sweet friend:) And hear about all your upcoming decisions!! love you:)

The Olive Tree Blog said...

happy painting. love the color!