calling all calebs


i wasn't intending  to post today, and was going to leave this post for another day.  but God pressed me to share it today, as i was blessed enough to hear it as my dad preached it this past weekend. and i know it would be a blessing to someone to. so here it is.

you have been promised something. whatever desire God has placed in your heart, a God fearing husband, a small business, a church plant, a new ministry maybe.
whatever your desires are, are different from mine.

both, however, have one thing in common.

they will not be dropped in your lap. no. they will be a struggle to obtain. your struggle may be different from mine, but nonetheless a struggle. because not all good things come easy. especially when the Lord in the process, is trying to refine His children.

as we approach the journey to see our desires being realized, there will be mountains to overcome, there will be mutterers around you trying to bring you down, there will be bigger things that might make you feel like a grasshopper, small and weak.

and that's where the test comes in. will you allow those factors to make you shrink back or will you stand up straight and proclaim that you will be able to face them?

Caleb and Joshua after coming back from exploring the promised land were the only two that although saw the same factors that could have been obstacles, believed that God would allow them to overcome. because it had been promised to them.

'then caleb silenced the people before moses and said, 'we should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.' numbers 13:30

God doesn't break promises. and he understood that. God had promised them that land flowing with milk and honey.
if God had led them up to this moment, up to this place, it was theirs for the taking as promised.

the dream that you have that He's placed in your heart, it's there for the taking as well.

He's promised to see you through, He's promised to fight for you, and to give the heart's desires of those who love Him.

today is your chance to proclaim to be a caleb. it may not look easy, but with the Lord all is completely possible. believe that. always.

 



6 comments:

Kayla Peveler said...

Love everything about this. My husband (Caleb, funny!) and I taught our youth group about the story of Caleb on Sunday evening! So cool!!

Allison said...

Thank you for this! I've been needing the reminder to "be a caleb" a little too often lately :)

Brhea said...

I SO needed this right now. I've been working on starting up a photography business, and some days it's just not easy. I'm hoping, though, that in time it will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog (Hi, I'm Kari) and already had a "wow" moment. This is the third time in the padt couple days that I've encountered that story of scouting out the promised land. I feel as if I were the other spies this week, failing to see the goodness in the opportunity before me. Next time, may I step out in faith . . . Thank you for this post.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. i needed this today. xoxo

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

AMEN, girlfriend!
LOVE this! So so encouraging!!
This is the 2nd time I've heard someone refer to Caleb this week, and it's total confirmation for my heart.
Thank you for sharing.
((hugs))