easy arrangement on a budget.



one thing i absolutely love is having flowers or pretty greens inside the house. sadly, i don't take time to actually go to farmer's markets to pick up some freshly cut flowers and bring them home. and when i go to the grocery store, it always slips my mind. plus besides, it doesn't feel as organic.
so the other day as i had craving for fresh cut greens in my home, yet no time to really go to a farmers market in the morning, i resorted to mother nature.

my children probably think i'm crazy for stopping every little bit, getting out of the car and cutting some pretty weeds for my little project. i'm sure one day, at least my daughter, will do the same.
the fact that we take a country road home helps. hardly anyone to give me funny looks around.


 
so easy, so cheap, and brightened up my breakfast area just enough. and for a $1, i win. i recycled the can, had twine lying around and lemons are 5/$1.00 right now.

ps. before you venture out to the country to cut your weeds, research what poison ivy looks like. i swear i brushed up on what i thought was poison ivy, and i itched incredibly afterwards freaking out.
turns out it's not. and i'm going to live.

what are your favorite way to arrange flowers or greenery?

have a beautiful friday and weekend!!

4 comments:

Kayla Peveler said...

This is so stinking cute!!! :)

Unknown said...

I love it, so fresh and clean looking!

Bugs and Beans

Hopeless Adventurer said...

oh too cute!

Rachel Zimm said...

that's a beautiful arrangement! I would love to have so much green on my table!
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com