hello my name is.


today i'm excited, not only because it's friday, yay! but because mrs. kerri is hosting a sweet link up on her page that i totally wanted to be a part of. totally giving God all the glory in what He has done. check it out and link up. i'd totally love to read about your name. so here's mine. i had to give it a lot of thought because i am constantly being molded, ahem, where have i seen that word before? wink.
and my name might change from time to time but at this point in my life i can say my name is:

source / edited by me


it hasn't always been this though. my name before could've very well have been rebellious and hardheaded. always wanting to see things my way, in my time. angry at God, questioning His ways constantly, almost challenging Him to do things differently according to what i thought was best.
a fairy didn't magically visit me at night and sprinkle magic dust all over me, it was the Holy Spirit that ever so gently nudged me in the right direction of seeing He really is in control and most importantly to me is He will never disappoint me. even when the circumstances seem bleek and not very promising, when i least expect it, He will show me the beautiful work He's been doing all along.
now that makes it a whole lot easier to be trusting.


Hello My Name Is

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love this post so much :) I too have learned how to be trusting of the Lord. And it is the BEST place to be in, isn't it?

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Friday, lovely!

Kerrie Williams said...

Yes! It is so refreshing to know we can trust in Him. Not because our lives always look pretty or feel perfect, but because He is who He says He is and many times He allows us to look back and see the beautiful work He was doing all along! Now if only I could stop trying to take the reigns back! I'm so glad you linked up Leah!

Unknown said...

Love this. "He will show you the beautiful work He has been doing all along". So beautiful. Thanks for linking up.

Rachael said...

Trusting...I have just fully learned that lesson. It really does take the strength of the Holy Spirit to relinquish control to trust Him fully! The view of His work in our lives really is beautiful when we look back! Blessings to you! Love, Rachael @ Inking the Heart