it's the small things.

oh i don't even know why i say it anymore, it's futile, like if my words were to slow down time. but here we are nonetheless, it's thursday and another week is flying by. it almost leaves time for anything at all, however, it's a clear reminder that we must live each day looking for bliss in everything, small or big. currently i'm finding bliss in little things like...

vanilla chai tea. oh pure heaven. it's so soothing and sweet, and well makes me a happy lady. getting ready for bed, it's become part of my little ritual. the smell is heavenly too.

phil wickham has been on replay. i love acoustic sounds. so romantic and uplifting.
which is why i need to find time to learn how to play the guitar. poor thing is in its case in the corner of my studio. i digress. his worship songs are so pure and full of heart. currently my fave is all i am. hits the nail on the head for my heart right now.


my kitchen has become my place to be me. sounds so weird, but when i'm cooking and finding more ways to cook from scratch and with natural ingredients, it satisfies me inside. i never thought i would say something like that. but it does make me beam with pride when i place a homecooked meal in front of my family. even if some nights its homade turkey sandwhiches. they were made with love. :)

funny when we stop and think about the small mundane things that we have going on, most actually bring a smile to our face. shouldn't take that for granted.

 photo siggie_zpsf7137529.jpg

4 comments:

Amy said...

Okay one: I LOVE vanilla chai tea. yummm.

And two: I literally JUST got tickets today to see Phil Wickham on my birthday this year! I can't waittt.

Wanna meet me there? ;)

Discovery Street said...

Isn't Phil the best? I saw him perform at a super small venue of about 40 people...he's so good! Divine romance was my first dance song at my wedding!

17 Perth said...

I love this---and my husband and I always talk about cooking with "love"...no doubt your family is reaping the benefits too. And vanilla chai? Love it. You are right too--it is the small things..they shouldn't be taken for granted! Thank you for the reminder.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

i feel that way about baking and add some good music and ive got pure bliss.!