celebrating.

yesterday we celebrated my mom. focused on her. she's never been the kind of woman to like attention or for people to make a fuss about her birthday, anniversary, or mother's day. so we kept it very low key.
a picnic at the park with her daughters, and grandchildren. she's been a mother to them since they were born and love her as a mom.
in my head, i had planned a wonderful photo shoot with my sister and her children, my mom and us, and me with my children.
let's say when a fussy one year old who hasn't gone down for a nap, a five year old who dislikes mom's choice in clothing and kiddos who felt it was okay to bathe in sand, things don't quite go as planned. ah well, that's real life folks. there will be other days for prim and proper, yesterday was more to enjoy those moments.

i managed to snap a few 'pretty' ones, and i put that in quotations because even though your son coming to you with about of pound of sand all over him, still makes up what this pretty life is about.


yea, that lady in the white pants, that's my mom. never afraid to be herself and just let loose. 
she's beautiful inside and out and loves really hard. she's taught me everything but most importantly to hold on tightly to the Lord. 

love you mom! 

how did you spend your weekend? hope it was lovely!

12 comments:

17 Perth said...

Oh my gosh! These photos are amazing...what a wonderful afternoon y'all must have had...despite the minor difficulties. ;) lol. Love that last photo of y'all jumping. So cute!! Happy mothers day to both of you!

Unknown said...

awwww love this!!! looks like an awesome day!! i especially like the last picture - GREAT! happy mother's day to you too!! XO

Brittany Kyte said...

So precious, Leah! I am glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You got some really great photos!

Shannon Q. said...

Your mom is awesome!! and you have a beautiful family! Glad you enjoyed the day.

kyna... said...

Awe, this is such a cute post, and your mom is adorable!! Glad you enjoyed the day!
♥ Kyna

Amy said...

So many beautiful women!! :) Glad you guys enjoyed your day! I'm going home this weekend to celebrate with my Mama!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

great great job on the photos! if all of my small children are "in the photo" i consider it a success regardless of how they look lol. glad you had a good mams day!!

Susanna said...

Beautiful family and a lovely weekend! Looks like you got some good photos despite all the obstacles. Great job!

Ali W. said...

How fun! Your mom seems like she is amazing. Having a picnic at a park sounds perfect! And I think your photos still turned out so cute. I know how it is with little kids...not always easy!! :)

henning love said...

what wonderful photos, you and your sisters are gorgeous and you obviously get your looks from your beautiful mom!! what a wonderful woman she sounds like

nonibaumann said...

such a sweet family, lovely ladies!

Pamela said...

Love your jacket!!