the dress.

a sister in the best of circumstances is a best friend. more than just blood, memories, laughter, stupid moments that only you both can laugh at like the house that wasn't really on fire but she thought it was funny to wake me saying that, and tears make that bond that much stronger.


i have the best of sisters, but today i want to tell you about one of them. the middle child (that's her up there) you can only imagine the devastation of a childhood she had being the cream in the oreo. in case you didn't get that, you know, the middle child. oh how i'm so cheesy sometimes.
but this chic is amazing, and she will deny it left and right, which is why it makes her a beautiful soul.
selfless doesn't even do her justice. she's the one that would fill my parent's fridge when they were going through very tough economical times, she's the one that calls my parents everyday to check on them (she lives in Houston), the one that gives, and gives and gives without question.  her spirit is just beautiful. she's the one i always ran to during the ugliest times of my life and never grew tired of hearing the same story over and over and over.
this weekend, she just came to reinforce everything i thought about her.
she read about my challenge and has been my number 1 cheerleader. well, it's a tie between her and my daughter. but she's been awesome.
one day last week she sent me a text of a few dresses to ask my opinion. she said they were for church. she needed new ones.
i gave her my opinion and that was that.

this saturday on our way to church, my baby sister handed me a box and read me what my Danitza, my sister, had written.


''Jony, enjoy this late bday gift. But I bought it with another intention, a reward for your 30 days of salad commitment! I'm rooting for you! You can and will achieve it! You are beautifully molded! Love Dany! "


you can only imagine how much my eyes welled up with tears and are still welling up now. she believes so much in me and that feels pretty incredible!


i will not fail. i will achieve this because i'm worth it and i have the best of people rooting for me. including you friends.
i love it so much! and every time i wear it, i will remember the intention behind it. dani, sissy, i love you so, so much!!!!



8 comments:

Amy said...

This is SOO sweet!! Your sister sounds like an incredible person, I'm sure that runs in the family :)

Iris said...

Oh, how sweet! ☺ They are beautiful dresses.

Iris♥

Cindy @ Cinsarah said...

Awww this is SO SWEET!! Danitza is the best!
I miss her! What an awesome sister you have! :)
I LOVE the dress!

kyna... said...

Awe, my eyes welled up when I read this! What a sweet, thoughtful thing that your sister did! You are well loved my friend!
♥ Kyna

Unknown said...

Okay, second attempt at writting a comment! Did you notice? I finally joined this blog world! Anyway, Sissy, you made me cry like a baby! Never doubt I will be chearing you on like a crazy women, because I know you are smart, strong, and super, super, talented! Love you soooo much! Don't make me cry again PLEASE! :,(

The Olive Tree Blog said...

awwww LOVE!!!!!!! so pretty! and thoughtful!

Pamela said...

{tears} So sweet and special. Sisters are the best encouragers! And the dresses are so beautiful.

helen said...

your sister is SO sweet! what a precious gift from the LOrd :)