scripture saturday: He can.

source/edited by me 


i can't tell you how many times, i limit God, His power, His grace, and mercy. in my finite mind, there is a limit to what can be done by human hands and sadly when life faces me with dreams that seem unreachable, or prayers that seem so big, i limit Him.
I forget this is the God who holds the universe in the palm of His hand. The God who commands the moon when to set and when to rise. The everlasting and sovereign Lord who loves me more than I could ever fathom. In Him, in Him alone that can do greater things that I could ever imagine in this lifetime, i place my trust which i admit is feeble at times, but time and time again i see in my life and in the life of others He's done incredible and what seemed impossible.
may today we remember that we serve an almighty, powerful, omnipotent God who does great things for His glory and for the love towards us, His children.

 photo siggie_zpsf7137529.jpg

5 comments:

Ileana @ Illy Who said...

What an awesome reminder, I don't know why sometimes I limit God too. I guess I just think of what I can do in the natural...thankfully he doesn't operate this way :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Shelley Paige said...

Thank you for this great post! I think reading was highlighted in Jesus Calling just the other day...I read it somewhere this week, which tells me I need to meditate on it more. Thanks again!

Shannon Q. said...

I just finished writing a post for Monday that feels similar to this. Limiting God...how silly are we that we do this! :)

17 Perth said...

Beautiful. And how true that is about me too. I limit Him so so much. Thank you for the reminder.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

great! just what i needed to read today!!

pretty photo btw :)