be well my soul. {healthy you, happy you thursday}

i think for a lot us women, everything else seems to come first. the kids, our husband, the house, the cooking...well you get the point. and we usually leave ourselves last. yes?
i'm the same way. not necessarily because i love to do it that way, but simply because other people/things need my attention. when it finally comes time for me there's so little time left and here's where i'm going to admit something that i don't really want to.
my time will be used for relaxing while i pin inspiration unto my boards, workout even if it's the most mediocre workout....but rarely do i use my little time to make sure my soul is well.
since my life is well blessed and not in need of anything, i don't feel the strong urgency to seek God's word unless it's at church and much less get on my knees to pray.
I've always been awkward at prayer and excuse, after excuse I leave at the bottom of my list.


But my God is a pursuer, and pursues His children with His relentless love. And this week I heard it louder.
I think my family heard it just as loud. As we began to draw near to God together, I felt my soul becoming more alive. Why is it that I let myself forget that so quickly?
And on my way to work yesterday morning, the sun shone signifying a new day, just like His mercies.


Bless the Lord o my soul,
Oh my soul worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
Worship His Holy name

have you been doing something for you to live happier and healthier? we want to know about it!


Link up Details:




with your host:


and lovely co-host:


1. link up your posts on how you are taking time to live better and happier. for background on the linkup click here.

2. please browse both the host and co-host's blog and should you find it a place that you enjoy, feel free to follow along. We'd love to have you!

3. grab the button and paste it on your blog (a text link up is fine as well) to spread the word. let it be an encouragement for women to take time to live happier.

4. visit others, offer words of encouragement and HAVE FUN!

ready, set, go!

if you would like to co-host please email me here.

4 comments:

Kara Renee said...

Love the idea of this post! Good luck getting some more you time this week. ;)

Megan @ EphesiansWife said...

What a beautiful post and wonderful idea!! I am amazed that God chooses to pursue me even in my broken state! He loves us with the deepest of all loves, and that just blows me away! Thanks for the inspiration today sweet sister :)

The Olive Tree Blog said...

great post and so true! I used to feel very timid about praying out loud///but let me tell you...practice makes perfect my friend ;)

Vanessa said...

Romans 12:12 is scripture I carry in my heart daily. Great post!