pizza talk + something new.

besides coffee, pizza is always a good thing to enjoy while having real talk. don't you agree? it's my favorite.

so let me let you in on something: i'm complicated.
the husband and i have always joked that he and i are like oil and water, syrup and spaghetti (if you know where that's from big high five sista), you get the idea. don't get me wrong, we love each other and are great together, attesting to the 'opposites attract', 'men are from mars and women are from venus' theory.
but as of late, i have noticed that who i am changes constantly and is more unpredictable than texas weather. (exhibit A:my ever changing blog design.)

i might very well be from pluto.



sometimes, okay.lie, a lot of times i don't even know what i want and who i am anymore. and if i can be brutally honest here, i find myself having mini therapy sessions with myself. not the jekyll and hyde kind, just talking to myself trying to sort the thoughts out in my head. i'm on the verge of being a nut job, maybe. and i get irritated with myself because in my head i want to be so many things that i'm not and probably i'll never be.
i love my husband for loving me at my worst, when i feel i don't really deserve to be loved. he is forgiving and so are my kiddos. mommy is mean sometimes and truth be told, i've been dubbed the meanest mommy in the world at times.
while i go through my changing moods which are dangerous around certain days and an identity crisis which might have to do with nearing middle age (yikes!) i know that i can hold on to something that's truer than how much i love pizza.
although i'm impatient, my worst critic, clumsy, passionate, eager to do too much all the time, forgetful and trying to let go of anxiety over petty things, I am the child of someone bigger than all of it. God takes me in as i am, that big ball of mess that I myself am trying to figure out and loves me day in and day out. he kneads out all the lumps and smooths things out perfectly. my identity is in Him, in Christ. and that should be where i look towards each day. no exceptions.
during the past couple of weeks, i've read many posts that have resonated within me on how we women think, what we feel, what we go through. some have been stretched thin emotionally and physically with no time left to deal with it all and bottle it up. two words: no.bueno.
so i thought that we should have a motivation to look into ourselves and hash stuff out that stressing us out in a healthy way. think: 'me time.'

starting next week, i will be hosting my first link-up (insert nervous awkward happy dance), with the purpose of encouraging all of us women to live happier, live better.
that might be running a good three miles every morning to clear your mind, writing things down, worshiping your heart out, or kneading dough. whatever it is for you, blog about it and join me so together we can encourage one another. i get so encouraged by all of you on a daily basis and I know others would too.


photo credit
i'll post more details on it on Monday after a much needed weekend break. these days have no shame anymore on how fast they go by!
ps. in the meantime, if you need prayer please know although i'm imperfect, i'll be more than happy to pray for you. email me:
leahmtz@gmail.com


linking up with:

The Hollie Rogue

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

ELF! That pizza looks so good!
I definitely understand that feeling - haven't got it all figured out yet but I'm trying not to be so hard on myself because that's when it's the worst. Once I relax a bit things seem a little easier, a little clearer :)

the hollie rogue said...

Wow, such a great link up idea. thanks so much for sharing part of your story--so many of us struggle with those same feelings from our imperfect flesh. so glad i found you!

Anonymous said...

This link up is a great idea.
You are such a sweet woman, I pray that everything goes far beyond your expectation.

Unknown said...

That looks AMAZING!!!
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Brooke said...

Glad I've found your blog, or should I say you also found mine. Admitting struggle can be sooo hard for us women. Thank you for your honesty and for the linkup idea...it's a great one!

Kate said...

I love this! I feel the same way much of time time, and I can't wait for your link up!

Shannon Q. said...

When reading stories like this I wish that we were actually across a table from one another having pizza :) If this were the case I could show you with my eyes and hug that I feel you. I could do something more than just posting a comment to show you that I relate to some of your thoughts and feelings. I'll be praying that you feel the loving peace of God. I'm looking forward to your link up. I'd love to help promote it, if you need any help let me know :)

Nicole Renee said...

I was nodding my head yes, yes, and yes as I was reading your post. Can relate to so much and love your link up idea! Great writing!!

Leah said...

yes, ding ding ding! you've won a year's supply of spaghetti with syrup! haha. and yes that's what i need to work on, not being so hard on myself and things! i get uptight too quickly!

Leah said...

thank you Andi! i loved reading your blog in the short time since I've found it. thank you for your encouraging words. :)

Leah said...

Funmi you bless me so much with your words all the time! thank you for praying for it. My hope is it will be a blessing for everyone!

Leah said...

thank you Shannon. it was pretty good!

Leah said...

you have such a great blog girl! it is difficult but so relieving! thank you for your words!

Leah said...

thank you Kate! can't wait to see what you blog about! yay!!

Leah said...

Shannon you are so sweet friend. I love your words and thank you for keeping me in your prayers. your words speak very loud to my heart. I will be emailing you this weekend with details of it. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!!

Leah said...

thank you Nicole, we all need some time to unwind and have quiet time. especially during this time of the year!

MorgHarpNich.com said...

so hey leahjo, how about, you+your fam come move into my house in atlanta and you just cook for us all? haha.
but seriously though that looks delicious!
and its so great that you have a husband who loves you at your best and at your worst! im blessed to have a husband like that too :)
ohh and i'm with yo on the blog design change. mine changes waaaaay too much. i think i'm FINALLY settling into the one i have now, though!

Unknown said...

Ohhh yum!

Ali W. said...

First of all, I love your blog! Second, this pizza looks SO GOOD! Like SOOOO good. And third, good luck with your link-up. I have never done anything like that! I have no idea how, and I am scared. haha

Unknown said...

This seriously looks delish! Found you from the Quite the Blog hop! Am excited to be your newest follower! You can visit me at www.momssurvivingkids.com would love to see you!
Megan

Leah said...

are you sure me and my family? i come with three loud kiddos! lol. and yes he is wonderful and i'm so thankful for him!

Leah said...

thank you beautiful Ali, the feeling is mutual girl. your blog is one of my favorites! it was pretty good. definitely hit the spot. aaaand thank you on the link up. this will be the first time so i'm not sure how it will go, crossing fingers!

Leah said...

thank you Megan for being here! i will be checking out your blog next!

helen said...

thank you so much for your sweet comment and your prayers!! you are such an encouragement, and i especially love how raw and honest you are about ever-changing emotions (i can totally relate!), but that thankfully, our identity is grounded in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. praise God for His faithfulness! :)

gayle said...

I think we are soul sisters. I'm constantly changing, too. I like change. Not HUGE changes, but I can't say I am consistent about anything, except what I eat. :) That pizza looks good, BTW!

I’m so glad to have found your blog! I am over at graceforgayle.blogspot.com, I hope to read more about you! Come over and visit me, too, I’d love to have you.

Lindsey said...

I love working garlic into my pizza dough! Yours looks delicious!

Leah said...

you're welcome Helen and thank you for your words! and i am so thankful that my identity is in Him. otherwise I really don't know how I would deal with it all!

Leah said...

well soul sister thank you for coming by to find me! :) i am going over to yours now!

Leah said...

garlic huh? i will have to give that a try next time, i love garlic!!

Leah said...

lol, i'm now craving more! thank you Jillian!

Erin James said...

That looks AMAZING!! :) Yum!

Unknown said...

what a gift it is to love and be truly loved. your husband and kiddos are lucky to have you i'm sure, just the taking time to get to know yourself better tells me there's something beautiful about you that this sweet world so desperately needs. (and frankly have you seen the pinterest pins on women and pms and motherhood and such... you are so not alone... trust.) =)

Thank you so very much for joining us for An Aloha Affair last week. How sweet it was to end the month together.

Our beautiful December team has gathered and we are so excited to invite you to join us for... An Aloha Affair. Come mingle and grow with us, you are always welcome. Always.

Cheers,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com